Toiletries on Mariner out of Los Angeles

We are heading out in 2 weeks for our 7 night RCI cruise to the Mexican Rivera on board the Mariner of the Seas out of Los Angeles.

I was wondering if anyone out there has sailed on the Mariner since the move to LA and could tell me what the toiletry situation is on board.

Do they have the shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower? Do they give you toothpaste and a razor?

I'm trying to pack as light as possible since the lovely airlines are charging for luggage now.

Any help is appreciated..... Thanks!!!

The only thing I recall is the mystery shampoo or perhaps it is bocy wash in a container in the shower. I've used it to wash my hands and it dried my hands out. I'd certainly not use it on my hair.

My suggestion would be to bring your own travel sizes.

In our cabin last week on Mariner, we had 4 toiletries on this sink, replinshed throughout the cruise...these were : lotion, shampoo, cream rinse and body wash, as well as the shampoo dispenser in the shower and little bars of soap too.

I always bring my own travel size Panteen shampoos and cond. The body wash and bars of soap are just fine for me. I'm sure their hair products are just fine. They do not have toothpaste/toothbrushes/razors etc.. available.

In our cabin last week on Mariner, we had 4 toiletries on this sink, replinshed throughout the cruise...these were : lotion, shampoo, cream rinse and body wash, as well as the shampoo dispenser in the shower and little bars of soap too.

You got that because you are at least platinum or you were sailing in a junior suite or higher. In a regular stateroom, all they provide is shampoo and a bar of soap.

You got that because you are at least platinum or you were sailing in a junior suite or higher. In a regular stateroom, all they provide is shampoo and a bar of soap.

Really? I had no idea (and yes I'm platinum...) that's sorta sad IMO that you can't get the toiletries despite your "level". Oh well... :)

Really? I had no idea (and yes I'm platinum...) that's sorta sad IMO that you can't get the toiletries despite your "level". Oh well... :)

I had no idea, either. Was on the same sailing and I just assumed everyone got toiletries. And I agree...what a shame that everyone can't get them no matter what level you are. Afterall, you do in most hotels.

Archived