Price drops? Do we get them?

suvicki

As the title says do we get price drops in HC cabins?

I cant say I have read that any HC cabin have had price drops or upgrades.

I am afraid I don't totally understand the question. Each HC cabin is some category the same as other cabins in that category, if it is category BB for instance and BB cabin prices drop then you call and get the new price, exactly the same as anyone else.

Now UPGRADES are another matter entirely and unless you see a price drop, and see there is another accessible cabin in a higher category that you now can afford or is cheaper than what you paid, then you will NOT be upgraded just randomly by the cruiseline, nor will you likely receive and UPSELL call.

I think it is shameful that when they start moving people up that they do not ask HC passengers first if they wish to upgrade to another higher HC cabin if they are going to offer it to anybody. But none of them currently do that.

Like I say you can certainly get both upgrade or price drop if you are watching and you make the call.

Of course that said many ships have few choices to upgrade to even if they were empty.

only a handful of ships have HC mini suites and fewer any HC suites.

He's asking about price DROPS, not upgrades. Like the price drops that people sometimes get when they've booked a cruise but haven't yet made final payment. I've not ever been offered any (in an HC cabin), but my friends have -- booked in a regular cabin (same grade as mine but not HC). I called and asked..and was told that it "didn't apply to an HC cabin". That was on a Carnival cruise.

He's asking about price DROPS, not upgrades. Like the price drops that people sometimes get when they've booked a cruise but haven't yet made final payment. I've not ever been offered any (in an HC cabin), but my friends have -- booked in a regular cabin (same grade as mine but not HC). I called and asked..and was told that it "didn't apply to an HC cabin". That was on a Carnival cruise.

That is absolutely illegal the part about the Carnival cruise, now if there is NO other cabin for sale at a lower price IN that category then it would not apply other than that they were totally wrong. The ADA laws are very clear on this.

I mentioned upgrades along with an explanation of how to get the price reductions anyone else gets because the last line of their post mentioned them.

You say you have never been offered any, The cruise line or TA for that matter seldom calls you and lets you know there has been a price drop, you have to call them, and when you do if it is not for new bookings only and if the category you are in went down you get the difference, plain and simple exactly like anyone else would.

When you called Carnival and were told that you should have immediately asked for a supervisor.

I have gotten discounts several times when my category dropped and I have upgraded when prices dropped on a higher category IF an HC was still available in that category.

We booked a cruise for Feb 2010 on our recent Princess cruise in Feb 2009. Last week I checked the Princess web site and the price had dropped. Our TA checked and the price of our catagory went down $400 per person, and yes we got it! I always book early due to the fact that travel with my wheelchair and electric scooter and need an accessible cabin. I will continue to check up to the final payment and so will my TA for future price drops...Princess (and for that matter no other line) will alert you to a price drop.

We have to be our own advocate.

I've cruised on Princess, Carnival and NCL. None has ever honored any price drop for me in a handicap accessible cabin. And yes, I have indeed called. I do know to do that, thank you.

I am not trying to offend you at all. You have to understand that IF there is a drop for the category you are in and they give that drop, such and not new bookings only so they give it to anyone booked in that category they HAVE to give it to you, there is NO WAY they can not give it to you because you are in a HC cabin.

So I have to assume that if you were told you could not get the price drop either it was for new bookings only or it did not apply to the entire category you were in, for instance, when all of a category is sold out. That would be the ONLY condition where they would not be required by law to give you the discount.

Again, if they give it to ANYONE ELSE that is already booked and not before final payment they MUST give it you.

If they are not doing so you need to get supervisor and higher if necessary involved.

I have never had anyone even suggest that I could not get a discount under those conditions mentioned above.

I think we are booked for a E1 or 2 cabin.

So if the price drops in that catagory I should be able to get the lower price.

Thanks for the information.

I have not really looked into upgrades as I had read th someone was upgraded out of a HC cabin and had to fight to get it back. Now that would be a disaster as we couldnt cruise without a HC cabin.

I think we are booked for a E1 or 2 cabin.

So if the price drops in that catagory I should be able to get the lower price.

Thanks for the information.

I have not really looked into upgrades as I had read th someone was upgraded out of a HC cabin and had to fight to get it back. Now that would be a disaster as we couldnt cruise without a HC cabin.

The being upgraded out of an HC cabin does occasionally happen but the reason is usually because the person booked it or the TA booked it but did not confirm with the special needs dept. that the cabin IS REQUIRED by the guest and not that an AB person just booked it.

Also you can have the account no involuntary upgrades. Both of which are good insurance against accidental upgrade.

Guest Crazeecat5

In January, I noticed the price dropped on my HC cabin category on the Carnival Pride cruise I was booked on. We had already had a military discount. I called my TA and she got us the price drop as well. Saved another $200 off the total. Cruise lines will not call you and tell you there has been a price drop, you must stay on top of it yourself.

We recently called to get a price reduction that was offered on the next higher catagory and was told no.:( Called special needs desk, and they said no problem:D

The higher catagory did not have HC cabins and the drop was lower than our price.

We sailed on the Carnival Splendor back in December, we had a HC suite. I kept a lookout on the price for our cruise and several weeks befroe we sailed they had a price drop, I called my TA and got a $600 onboard credit since we had already paid in full for the cruise. It was nice that there was already money waiting on us to spend before we even boarded the ship, it was gone in one transaction after hubby went to the liquor store on-board, he got presents for all the guys for Christmas. It never hurts to call and find out, either call the cruise line or your TA, maybe both, all they can say is no, or if lucky enough yes, just call.

Archived