California Round-Trip Hawaiian Cruise

cvanhorn

Has Celebrity and RCCL quit these round trip San Diego or San Francisco cruises to Hawaii, or am I just looking at the wrong time??

We have done this in the past on Infinity and Summit in mid November and early December. They usually ran them into March. I have been watching too. I think Mercury March 15 was the last one on their calendar.

Regards

We've done it three times on Celebrity - Infinity once and the Mercury twice. Each trip was fantastic. We also did one RCCL.

We're one of the ones who canceled RCCL trips because of the Diamond cut-back. We canceled a B2B on the Mariner and booked another r/t Hawaii on Holland America.

I don't know why they seem to have given up on our favorite itinerary - we hope they reconsider. Celebrity seems to have pretty much abandoned us West Coast people.

The CD on one of our trips told me Hawaii was his most difficult itinerary. With all of the sea days, if the weather isn't good, it's hard to keep everyone happy. We're just happy to be on the ship.

It will be interesting for us to compare HAL to Celebrity.

Hi Jim and Alison,

Mom and I are considering trying Holland America..which one are you guys booked on. It would be wonderful to sail with you again. I have been very loyal to Celebrity..but overall it has slipped and I would be willing to try Holland America. Hope you are both well.

Walter

Hi, Jim and Alison, and Walter.....

I had a great time on our 3-15 Hawaii sailing. I'm taking four more cruises (2 back to backs) on Mercury. I have taken HAL's Zaandam on this itinerary, and it was a great cruise. The Zaandam holds even less pax than Mercury, and it's beautiful. The only complaint I have about HAL (and I've heard this from others) is they serve very weak drinks...the bartender's hand shakes while he holds the shot glass, afraid he might give you a drop too much(!) Jini

Hi Jini - LOL on the bar tenders. Maybe they could use a drink to steady their nerves. :)

Walter -- Where have you been? Did you change your e-mail? We haven't heard from you in the longest time!

It would be fun to cruise with you and your Mom again. We'll be on the Zaandam October 23rd.

Aloha!

Hi Jini--too funny

Hi Jim and Alison--yes, I have sent you e mails a couple of times...very odd if you did not get them. We miss you both. Can't make Oct sailing..but looking at Holland for 10 and would love to sail with you both.

Walter

Archived