Best cruise line with infant

harrowgirl

We are looking to take a cruise next month with our 8 month old daughter. We know that cruising with a child is totally different, and we think we are ready for it.

I'm looking for recommendations for the best cruise line to take an infant on...and for tips on how to make our lives a little bit easier on the cruise.

TIA!

At that age, few lines will have any kind of "program" for infants--I think Disney is about the only one.... so it really won't matter, as far as the child is concerned. Pick the line where you get the itinerary you want at the cost you can live with!

And if you can, bring a "babysitter" so you can have some time to yourselves!!

If you want to have a baby water splash area - then you are either going to need to bring a small inflatable pool or book a ship that has a specific infant splash area.

The ships with infant splash areas for tots in diapers are -

Royal Caribbean Freedom, Liberty, Independence of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas (sets sail Dec, 2009)

Disney Wonder

Disney Magic

Carnival takes Under 2's in the camps during certain times (a couple of hours on port days and after 10pm at night). But no infant splash areas. They would change diapers but the infant would be with older children because it is group sitting after 10pm.

For an onboard nursery, you could go with Disney Wonder or Magic, and Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas will have an onboard nursery.

For children's programming - Royal Caribbean has Royal Tots/Infants program for parents to attend with their children. This program is fleetwide. And I have schedules for it at the link in my signature.

Have fun planning!!!!

From experience I prefer P&O for kids. I have 2 boys 3 and 6 who have cruised since babies, we have tried all the major companies and while they all seem very good I like the facilities P &O offer the tiny ones. They have a night nursery which is complimentary and mean you can take you baby (under 5) settle them to sleep in a dim lit nursery then go off for the evening to enjoy your meal shows etc with the knowledge that they are ok. They give you a pager incase you lo wakes and cant be settled and you have to return by 1am. Its fantastic!

Archived