Legend of the Seas--"ship" time or local time?

Hi there,

We are sailing on the Legend of the Seas to the Eastern Med on June 1st. (the one that goes to Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Egypt). We have several independent private excursions booked and we will be crossing into a different time zone from our departure city of Rome.

Has anyone else taken this itinerary, and if so, did the the ship observe local time, or "ship time"? I know this varies from ship to ship....I'd love to be able to let my guides know! We are going with companies that are highly recommended on CC, so they should be used to cruise ships and I'd hope they'd know we might be on a different time...but maybe not??

Thank you!

Hi there,

We are sailing on the Legend of the Seas to the Eastern Med on June 1st. (the one that goes to Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Egypt). We have several independent private excursions booked and we will be crossing into a different time zone from our departure city of Rome.

Has anyone else taken this itinerary, and if so, did the the ship observe local time, or "ship time"? I know this varies from ship to ship....I'd love to be able to let my guides know! We are going with companies that are highly recommended on CC, so they should be used to cruise ships and I'd hope they'd know we might be on a different time...but maybe not??

Thank you!

The best thing - ask the ship personel. I am sure they know on what time table they will be.

I know that I'll be able to find out as soon as I board the ship by asking the ship personnel...the problem is that I want to find out *before* I board the ship.

Yes, I'm sure my independent guide knows...we're going with Nile Blue in Egypt, and I've seen tons of positive recommendations on this board. They must've figured it out for all those other travellers!

I'm just one of those people who likes to know every single detail about every single thing of my trip and it really, really bothers me that I can't find out what "time" I'll be on until I get on the ship! And I'd love to confirm with my private excursion with a firm answer instead of a "maybe, we'll see what happens when we get aboard."

Yet another one of those things that I (a first time cruiser) never considered...when I travel on my own, I change my watch when I cross time zones. It never occured to me that my ship may not! :)

Archived