another....camp carnival ???

FirstTimer2007

ok, here it goes... (and i know its probably been discussed a ton)

After boarding, how soon do you go to cc and sign the kids up, or how exactly does this work? This is the 1st time sailing with the kids, and i dont want to be the last one in.

Also my kids are going to fall into 3 diff age groups, does this matter?

:confused: Help... any info.... THX! :D

We just sailed ont he Pride 2 weeks ago and sign up was right before dinner (5:15pm in think) on the first night. On the inspiration last June it was at 7pm, can't remember about the Liberty.

No it doesn't matter that they are in different age groups just get a pack and sign up sheet for each child.

You aren't going to miss anything, I assure you. ;) There is no wrong way to do it.

The orientation meetings are at different times. The capers I have show one at 5:15pm for the 2-5 year olds and 7:15pm for the 6-8 year olds.

You have 3 in 3 different age groups, for the older kids (12 and up), you will just stop in and register them. Their teen meetings start at 8pm. I have 2 kids in different age groups....I always register them both at the same time. No problems.

When you get onboard the ship, one of the first people you will see will be the camp counselors who will ask to put muster station braclets on the younger kids and will give you the camp capers for everyone.

At the link in my signature, there are some of the different activities for the different age groups. All activities are generally the same fleet wide.

The registration process never takes more than a few minutes, then you will be on your way to your next activity. :)

crusinmama06 you did an excellent job posting the Camp Carnival Capers. My daughter is getting married next year on a cruise. The capers will really help me to convince my other children that my grandchildren will love a cruise.

thanks again

Last year when we were on the Paradise, we went straight to Camp Carnival (around 1:30), registered the kids, played with them a little bit in Camp Carnival (it's not technically open) so that they were comfy w/ everything that was there and introduced them to the staff (for their sake and ours). There were no lines at that time, either.

By that night, it was smooth sailing... quite literally.

Loved Camp Carnival and expecting the same on the 5/31 Splendor sailing. Woo Hoo!

My grandsons have always gotten the braclets for muster stations during the actual drill.

That where ours have always got theirs, they wont be missed plenty of staff around whos job it is just to find the kids and put the bracelets on, if they do get missed they will put them on at the introductory meeting or you can just go to camp and get them put on.

If the bracelets are lost you just go back to camp and a counsellor will put a new one on, no big deal.

We have 2 age groups: 12-14 and 15-17. It looks like their greet and meet is when we have dinner. Anyone else experienced this. I am not to worried because we have more then one kid in each group so at least they know each other.

If you have kids in these ages - don't do the late dining - if they intend to go to dinner with you. They will feel rushed and as if they have to pick between an activity and dessert. We made the mistake of late dining on our last cruise and my son (then age 12 -almost 13) hated it. The last night he rushed through dinner which I think started at 8:30 and his activity started 9 - so he carried his melting cake with him because he was late to the ice cream eating contest - which he was entered in.

The late dinner time conflicts with Circle C activities - if you look at the schedule you will notice. I always tell people this and some comment that they just feed their kids the buffet - my 13 year old does not want to miss the dining room - we can eat a buffet at home. Plus dinner is really the only time I get to see him on the ship because he loves the activities.

He still brings it up as we are planning our next trip - to not do the late dining again as it messed up his schedule. :)

Do parents sign in at the 15-17 club thanks

Yes, the first night you must register your teen(s), and they will get a little O2 sticker on their S&S card. From then on, they're free to come and go as they please.

FYI.. my two teens sons, 16 and 15, were initially reluctant to even go into the club, but I told them they had to at least give it a try that first evening - from then on, it was a real struggle to drag them away from the club and all their friends!! They had a blast, along with almost no sleep! :rolleyes:

I had to implement the "Have fun and do what you like, but all suppers must be taken with the family" rule. We had early dining which was definintley best for their schedule. Some days that was the ONLY time we saw them!!! They can't wait to go again!!:D

Just wanted to second the poster who said if you have kids do not do the late dining. We did that on my last cruise and my 7 year old niece was passed out cold before the main entree even arrived. Subsequent nights we let her dine with CC.

Also just to sing the praises of CC. At first I balked at Carnival for charging a full adult fare for a child but when I found out just how well CC takes care of the kids, you really are getting a BARGAIN. The counselors are excellent and the kids love them as well as the activities. Without CC most kids would just be bored to tears honestly (they can only ride the slide so much), and the parents would not be able to fully enjoy everything the ship has to offer. CC takes care of both concerns, and does a great job at it.

Just to "third" (haha) the poster who said about kids and late dining.

My 6 y/o made it to 1 late dinner with us (mistake we hadn't realized we'd made), and then insisted on dining with his friends. We loved CC. My son spent plenty of time with us, but let's face it, activities geared towards kiddos are way much more fun than sliding with mom and dad. I think it's called H2O.. the science stuff, he loved it. Came to the room with stuff almost every day!!!

Thanks for the suggestion about the late dinners. My son is the pickest eater ever so I won't be opposed to feeding him Pizza or room service then letting him go do the activities at Circle C. The last time we went although he was only 5 we wished we had done late seating and had him go to CC as he didn't want to eat at all. Not much has changed in the 7 years.

I will leave it up to him. This is his vacation as well as ours so nothing as simple as him not wanting to have dinner with us will spoil it for me. What do they say you need to pick your battles.

Done 3 cruises - all with kids - Valor, Legend and Fascination (all during spring break) and it was done differently each time. But, each time, right after we have had our picture taken, there is a CC rep standing there with a flyer with the info.

This most recent time on the Fascination, we were able to go to CC @ Between 1:30-4 and fill out the paperwork. They also ran a special on the build-a-bear, which my youngest They also got their muster drill bands at this time. - careful they aren't too tight or too lose; my kids have had to change them once or twice 'cause it was bothering them. IMHO, this was the best way to do it as opposed to the meeting around dinner time where everyone is trying to do paperwork.

This most recent time on the Fascination, we were able to go to CC @ Between 1:30-4 and fill out the paperwork. They also ran a special on the build-a-bear, which my youngest They also got their muster drill bands at this time. - careful they aren't too tight or too lose; my kids have had to change them once or twice 'cause it was bothering them. IMHO, this was the best way to do it as opposed to the meeting around dinner time where everyone is trying to do paperwork.

I also went to CC the day of embarkation for their open house and obtained the paperwork. We filled it out and brought it to Camp next day. Been to two of the orientation meetings, did not feel like going to a third.

I also went to CC the day of embarkation for their open house and obtained the paperwork. We filled it out and brought it to Camp next day. Been to two of the orientation meetings, did not feel like going to a third.

Ditto for me. We sign them in right away and turn the paperwork in the first full day. Our kids have been cruising for years and CC, Adventure Ocean, etc...is wonderful.

Don't worry about them being in different age groups. Our kids are all in different age groups and they love it. They really develop their own little friends and have a wonderful time. Our oldest, 14.5, still emails some of the kids he's met on vacation.

I've heard some people say "they don't put their kids in daycare" while on vacation. Well, the way I see it is it's the kids vacation, too. Anyone who says that their kids PREFER to stay with them, are probably having delusions of grandeur. LOL We ALWAYS take our kids with us into port, have breakfast and dinner together, and we always tuck ours in or make sure they are in their rooms by the designated time. But, to force their kids to stay with them isn't really taking their feelings into consideration, IMO. We, of course, have very specific conversations with our kids about safety, appropriate behavior, and what's expected of them.

So, don't worry, at all. The counselors are awesome(not to mention fully screened), the activities are great and the interaction with other children will be something you'll kids will remember forever.

Have a wonderful cruise!! :)

Archived