Stroller in dining room?

jhdoublin

I was wanting to know if you can take a stroller in the dining room? I am really hoping my 16 month old will be tuckered out from being in port and might be asleep in his stroller during dinner! :D Just in case we will be bringing the DVD player- may have to leave the sound off though- he hasn't figured out the headphones stay on to hear.

I don't want it to be in the way though- so I didn't know if they were allowed.

I have the combi flex - I think. It's a little bigger than a umbrella, but not full size.

Also- does Carnival rent strollers?

Thanks

You'll have to bring your own stroller on the ship. I don't recall seeing strollers in any dining room---I do know that walkers, canes and such are removed from the table area while the "user" is eating, to free up floor space....I'm not sure that a stroller would be very safe for the waiters---they tend to fly through the dining room...it would be awful for them to trip!

At dinner on Carnival I brought my double tandem stroller to our table, where I pushed it into the table and away from the aisle. Carnival also has booths, and when we had a booth at lunch or breakfast, they would put the stroller away once we were seated. If you are assigned a table in the middle where a stroller would be in an aisle no matter where you put it, you might ask for a table that would be convenient to have a stroller.

Best,

Mia

We used the stroller everytime we went to the dining room last year with a 14 month old. Though he didn't usually sit in it, he used the high chair, it would have been a nightmare to not have it. We were at the other end of the ship from the dining room, and during the waiting time it kept him corraled until dinner. The waiter always slid it out of the way for us and it was never a problem.

Just be sure to request a table where the stroller wouldn't be in the way of the servers..there are always so many running around.

If child needs to sleep...he needs to sleep right?

my son would never sleep in such a busy place...that is nice you have that option :-)

On RCL we had a table next to ours that sometimes brought their stroller....our tables were on the side of the dining room by the windows so it worked out perfectly for then to tuck the stroller on the end of the table closer to the wall.

We took our son on his first cruise when he was 11 months. We took our umbrella stroller to the dining room every night and tucked it in the seat (they took the chair away) by the window. It was no problem at all as he slept during dinning every night. He was a good sleeper and a happy baby. I was prepared to leave if he fussed. He never did. On the third night the man sitting on the other end of the table snapped to it and said "OH &^*%&! There's a baby over there.". Needless to say it gave everyone else a good laugh. (I don't think anything else but an umbrella stroller would fit in the assigned space.)

We have also taken him into the dining room in his stroller and then put him in the high chair. They have always been very helpful in storing the stroller during dinner.

However, now that he is 2 I don't think that he will see the dining room again until he is a bit older. It's just a different world. As an infant I felt like I could count on him sleeping during dinner, but I can't do that any more and I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's dinner in case he decided he wasn't in the mood to sit. Only you know your baby and their temperment.

On our six cruises on Carnival, I have seen strollers for rent everytime.

We have brought our stroller to the dining room also, as DD got older we would leave it up front but when she was an infant we brought it to the table, removed her chair and placed it there as she slept in it while we ate dinner. If it is not a very large stroller, it will fit perfectly and not be in anyone's way.

Carnival does rent strollers, they are $25 per weeks and are the Jeep brand umbrella stroller.

The combi flex will be fine, we have used a peg perego aria (similar size) on RCCL and Carnival and both fit fine at the dining room tables.

We used a full size Graco system stroller in the dining room on many occasions. Our little one was too small for a high chair and we just asked for a table where he would be in a corner or near a wall - to keep him out of danger from trays of food, etc. Sometimes we would have to wait for a table but we knew that and were patient.

Thanks to all for the info. The only way I would want to bring the stroller in is if he is already asleep in it- which probably won't happen anyway. So our dinner time will probably be a hit or miss-my son is into everything he can get his hands on. My daughter was very laid back so he is totally different and it is a challange to go and do anything.

Are the rentable strollers allowed off the boat too-or just onboard?

Also- we usually find our seat in dinner soon after boarding- should I go in then and request a table to fit our needs- or will they already take this into account when making my assignment since they know he is 1?

You can take the rented strollers off board too. They are yours for the length of the cruise. You must return them by 10pn the last night onboard.

I would speak to the maitre d once onboard. They know he's one and they do try and match you with tablemates with other young children.

Does your baby watch any videos yet? baby einstein or barney? When we sailed with My DD at 18mo the portable dvd player kept her quiet throughout our meal.

Archived