question please ansewer

patfine

i book the panama canel cruise with a TA on line he has not sent me an invoice for the cruise and i saw the deposit on my credid card. I went on princess site and found my iternery but the wrong room catogory ( he booked a lower one) when i called him about it he says he will fix it. Have e-mailed him he still has not taken care of it. My question is i have another couple intrested in the cruise can i book with someone else. just transfer my booking to them?

patfine, But make sure to check for cancellation fees. Some TA's do charge them and you could be out up to $100 for canceling with one agent and moving your booking to another.

Best of Luck!

With Princess, what happens if the original TA refuses to release the booking (Carnival, that I'm familiar with, will only intervene in cases of proveable "malfeasance" on the part of a TA)? ken

With Princess, what happens if the original TA refuses to release the booking (Carnival, that I'm familiar with, will only intervene in cases of proveable "malfeasance" on the part of a TA)? ken

ken, which I had the answer to that one, but I honestly have no idea. Sorry!

Yes it can be transfered,and i would not use that person again for a T.A.,he has to release the booking,so tell him you want it transfered

Does the TA have to give up the booking , i think it is my right that he is not sending me an invoice and what if the cuise is more that he quoited me then im out of luck

Does the TA have to give up the booking , i think it is my right that he is not sending me an invoice and what if the cuise is more that he quoited me then im out of luck

If you send a fax to the TA directing him to release the booking and to send it to XYZ and he hasn't done so within 24-48 hours I would call Princess and take it up with them. It is YOUR booking and TA should represent you, so if they aren't doing what you direct them to do maybe Princess shouldn't allow them to sell their product anymore.

I asked this question the other day on another site.

I may be different in Britain but a TA who replied said that both travel agents have to agree to the transfer and that he would not agree if he had made the booking.

I was having problems getting my TA to return my calls.

Booked through a U.S. agent-Not that long ago I was booked through a TA that was not answering emails or phone calls. I contacted another TA that came highly recommended. I didn't have to do a thing, she was able to take over my booking. She did ask if I wished to alert my current TA of if I would like her to do it, and my answer was "go for it". ;) I still received a nasty phone call and a nasty email from the original TA though. :( Guess she was able to find the phone and her computer to contact me after several weeks of not responding. lol

thank you all for your advise. I am getting some quotes to see who i will transfer to

patfine - Let us know your experience transferring your booking, and how it works if your original TA is not cooperative? thanks, Ken

Archived