2010 Alaska itineraries

emliss

I may have missed it, but can anyone tell me which cruise lines will be sailing Southbound from either Whittier or Seward next year (2010)? It looks like some of the ones that now sail from those Alaskan ports are not going to be doing so next year. They seem to be sticking to Seattle. Although it may be less expensive and a little closer than Vancouver, I really don't like two whole days of just cruising on the open Pacific. DH says he likes the days to "gear up" and to "wind down". Any info would be greatly appreciated.

i think most of the sites will give you the choice of which itinerary you want to take. i know the cruise line site will defenetly show you their routes. i think i read in a post that holland and rccl will still be going north or south, but i may be wrong on that. good luck.

Carnival is the only one no longer doing northbound-southbound cruises next year and in fact NCL is adding northbound-southbound cruises.

The cruises that are being eliminated are many of the roundtrip Vancouver sailings.

Thank you all for your responses. I am contining my search and am actually considering a 14 day Alaskan cruise or even a b2b. I see HAL, Regent and Princess are leaving Southbound and will check out the rest. Sure wish RRCL had a different itinerary. Loved going with them but want to visit some of the other ports this time. Thanks again. I never tire of learning from these posts.

Emliss

Thank you all for your responses. I am contining my search and am actually considering a 14 day Alaskan cruise or even a b2b. I see HAL, Regent and Princess are leaving Southbound and will check out the rest. Sure wish RRCL had a different itinerary. Loved going with them but want to visit some of the other ports this time. Thanks again. I never tire of learning from these posts.

Emliss

Just booked (today) Hal Amsterdam 14-day round trip Seattle. They are running all summer 2010, including a stop in Anchorage (not Seward or Whittier), Kodiak, Homer, as well as all the standard ports.

Alan

Emliss

Just booked (today) Hal Amsterdam 14-day round trip Seattle. They are running all summer 2010, including a stop in Anchorage (not Seward or Whittier), Kodiak, Homer, as well as all the standard ports.

Alan

Archived