NEW YORK TO QUEBEC CITY AUG 27th

I'm so excited I'm going to be going on this cruise. I've been wanting to do this trip for awhile now.

I'm going to be going solo so I'm a little bit scared but that should go away once I'm on the ship.

Anyway, we leave New York on Aug 27th and it's a 10 day cruise.

Does anyone know if it will be hot then or will the days be cooling off a bit?

I'm getting my first balcony room but have no idea which side of the ship would be better. Any ideas from you experienced CC members?

Also, since I will be alone I think I will be better off doing the ship excursions. But, no idea which ones I should book. Again, any ideas would be great!

Thanks everyone. You guys are the best!

Joanne

Oh I'm happy to hear this is as good as I'm expecting it to be. I'm going on Eurodam and we stop in Boston, Newport RI, Bar Harbor Maine, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, Prince Edwards, Saguenay Fjord and Quebec.

It's a 10 night trip and we fly home from Quebec. Which is the longest cruise I've been on. I've done only week long ones before so this will be nice to have the extra days.

I'm also going to fly into New York and spend a few days before I leave on the cruise.

I can hardly wait! I just hope it's not to hot then.

JoKen1, It is a very relaxing trip. The Fjord is beautiful. One thing is that everyone in the small cities in Canada are very friendly and welcoming to the cruise ship passengers. I have not been to Newport, Charlottetown, Prince Edwards. We are hoping to do the Eurodam from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale for 14 days. If you done Caribbean cruise it is big difference.

Halifax there is a lot to do in the city or you can go to Peggy's Cove. We did the Hop on Hop Off trolley and it goes to all the major points in the City.

Bar Harbour, you should see Arcadia National Park. The first time we went we did a tour of the park and lobster lunch. Delicious if you like lobster. Also easy little town to walk around.

Twickenham, thank you for the pictures. We hope to go from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale on the Eurodam at the end of September. I love your city. So clean and beautiful.

Any recommendations of tours to do that go outside the city. The Church, Falls and the Island???

Thanks,

Wow! That is one big ship! It's the first time I've seen photos of it. Thank you so much! I'm excited about coming to your city/country. We spend the night there so I'll have a little while to see things there. I can't wait!

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

My daughter and I will also be on the Aug 27 Canada/New England Cruise and we are looking forward to it. We also have booked a balcony and we are booked in a odd number room. We booked a car in Halifax (going to visit countryside and Peggy's Cove), in Charlottetown (going to travel the Blue Heron Coastal Drive and stopping at Avonlea Cottage, also known as Anne Green Gable. If we have time, we would like to visit sand sculpture at Founders Hall near the cruise terminal), and on our final day in Quebec City (visiting Saint-Anne de Beaupre, the Falls and then heading to the airport where we'll drop off the rental car). I'm looking in renting a car in Sydney, however I haven't found a rental car company close to the cruise terminal--still do my research. However, in Sydney, we would like to do the Cabot trail but I need to research time and distance for the trip. If it's far. we will probably take the Holland American Cabot Trail shore excursion to guarantee we return to the cruise port on time for our departure. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Happy sailing.

Stekay,

Sounds like you guys are much farther along in planning your excursions then I am. I'm just starting to read about what is around to do.

How old is your daughter? That is great you two are going together. Are you going to be in New York any time before the cruise? I think I'm going to go for at least three days so I can have some time to enjoy the city.

I'm booked in cabin 5065 which is a balcony too.

Would you like to meet up at all on the cruise? I would be thrilled to meet someone from CC on the ship.

Are you having early, late or anytime dinner?

I'm so excited about this cruise aren't you? Did you sign up on the roll call?

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

We'll be in New York one week prior cruising. I was in New York 2 years ago but my daughter has never been. My family is coming to New York with us and will be returning home when we leave for our cruise.

We are book for anytime dining.

We have a balcony room just down the hall from you. It would be nice to meet up on the ship. My daughter is 24 years old.

What is roll call?

We are looking forward to the cruise. However, I'm not looking forward to knowing winter is just around the corner when we return.

You can find our roll call here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=931316

Roll call is where everyone posts what cruise they are going to be on. That way you can chat with fellow Cruise Critic members who are going on the same ship/trip as you are.

Often a meeting is set up so everyone can meet.

How fun you will be near me. We will have to plan a meet up. I'm going to have anytime dinning also so maybe we can have dinner one night.

I've been reading the excursions and getting ready to sign up for some. Since I'm going to be alone I thought I should take some tours as I don't have a clue where to go.

I'm hoping we won't have that super hot Summer weather. I prefer the colder weather to the heat.

Joanne

If you go on ship excursions only, you are going to spend a small fortune. For Boston, if you wanted a HOHO, this one has a stop close enough to walk to from where the ship docks (look at stop #16)

www.trolleytours.com/boston If you don't do this, you will have to buy ship shuttle tickets to get to the Quincy Market area and then get on the HOHO at a stop close by. That doesn't make sense.

In Bar Harbor, if you want a tour of Acadia National Park, you have two choices of tours at the port. Both leave from the town, which is right at the pier.

www.acadiaislandtours.com or www.acadiatours.com Make sure you buy a ticket that includes the coast line drive. If you like to walk, there is a beautiful walking trail on the coast line not too far from the pier. As you exit the pier area, look to the left toward the beautiful B&B, the trail starts right beside it.

You should look at the thread for your cruise week. There could be fellow passengers looking for people to share tours with. Private tours are usually very nice and almost always cost less than ship tours. Have fun.

travelbig, I can't thank you enough for that info on Boston. That looks great. One thing I really wanted to do there was to go to Kennedy's Library and President Adams house. Do you have any idea where they would be located and can I go there alone without the ships tour.

Is Boston pretty easy to find your way around on your own? I think that Freedom Trail would be fun to walk. Would love to go to the cemetery where Sam Adams, John Hancock, Paul Revere and Ben Franklin's family is. I think it's called Granary Burying Ground.

Can I just do the HOHO and walk to these places? Just pay to get in each place alone? That would save money I'm sure.

I just don't want to get lost.

The Tours in Quebec I'm going to do for sure. The only one I may do through the ship is a night time ghost tour. Unless I can find out how to do that on my own also.

I'm not as worried about getting lost there as we spend the night so I have lots of time to find my way back.

Do you know how far the airport is from the cruise ship? I'm flying home from there. Do I just take a cab?

Thanks so much! It's so great to talk to people who know what they are doing.

Sure wish some of you were on the cruise with me so I could hang out and follow you around. LOL

Joanne

Archived