Height restriction for slide on Carnival Miracle

crazy4cruising

Use of the Waterslide:

Guests must be at least 48" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy

Guests must be at least 42" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Glory, Miracle, Valor

Guests under 13 must have their parents permission.

I wonder if the reasoning is that on a ship like the Imagination the slide ends in the pool but on a ship like the Glory it has its own little landing area???

Katie

Wow....we're going on a cruise because we thought it would be safer than our "near death experience" in Panama City Beach...now I read that the water slide is lethel not to mention that I could be either too tall too short or too BIG to be on it? I hope the deck chairs have seat belts - with our history - we'll need it!

Hahahaha Please realize that this is posted as playful humor...getting hurt on vacation is no laughing matter. But you have to laugh to keep from crying!

Maybe I should warn my fellow cruisers about our history with vacations? Buyer beware! We're on the Inspiration next November...travel at your own risk!

S.:o

On the Conquest waterslide, at the last turn for some reason, I rolled over and was headed down feet first on my stomach. When I hit the slow-down pool, every ounce of salt water in that pool went up my nose. It was like I was a vacuum cleaner sucking up the stuff. Talk about a head rush!

Go by the height chart on the slide no matter which height it is, it's for your protection. The staff member manning the slide was adamant about the height requirement on the Legend last month. A lot of people were getting stuck at the first curve on the slide and it had nothing to do with girth. I think it was due to the amount of water on the slide (or lack of) and the types of swimsuits people were wearing. You should lay down on the slide not sit up and keep you feet down not up in the air and you shouldn't have any problems. The slide was great fun but it doesn't end in the pool as some of the others do.

Archived