LAX to Long Beach???

ciship

How long is the drive from LAX to the Carnival PRIDE at the Queen Mary/Long Beach cruise terminal? Is there a website I can go to that has the direct driving route? Or better yet, does anyone know how much the taxi to the cruise terminal is from LAX? Has anyone ever used Carnival's services for ground transportation FROM the ship to the airport?

Hope someone can help tonight. I have flights on reserve and need to know if it is worth coming into LAX instead of John Wayne/OC airport...

Thanks much!!!

http://www.mapquest.com/

The above site will give you driving directions/time it takes/number of miles you travel. Just "input" your starting/ending points. Other option to cab/Carnival is "SuperShuttle" vans at the airport. I'm sorry, I don't have the URL at this time. But I'm sure it's available at both the LAX site and through your favorite "search engine".

Thanks for the info......doesnt sound bad at all!! My relatives in California want to avoid LAX for picking us up like the plague!!!! I wonder why?? Is it THAT bad to get in and out of transportation wise??

I live in the Los Angeles area....and usually fly out of LAX. The current airport was, for the most part, built 30 or so years ago. For the amount of traffic expected 30 or so years ago. While they've expanded since then, they can only do "so much". And, after 9/11, some of those expansions were closed due to security concerns. There are times you can walk faster than you can drive through the airport. For years, there have been several [very controversial with voters] plans to modernize/improve the airport.

And, especially on holiday weekends, the line to "check in" reaches the street. And far beyond.

Jleg........yuck, yuck, yuck.....no wonder the flights are so cheap to LAX from Kansas City.....if you have to put up with all THAT crap!!

I guess I better start trying to look into John Wayne again......bummer! Love the airport.....hate the cost!!

Do you have an idea of how far John Wayne is to the Carnival cruise terminal in Long Beach Jleg??

It's not that bad. You use "mass transit" if you can (which is what I do). No major problems. Like most major metropolitan airports [New York/Chicago/Atlanta], it's not the most "automobile-friendly" of airports. Which is why your family was telling you "anyplace but LAX".

The "Mapquest" directions from Orange County/Long Beach:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&1ex=1&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&1a=&1c=Santa%20Ana&1s=CA&1z=&1y=US&1pn=John%20Wayne%20Airport%2dOrange%20County%20%28SNA%29&1l=sfqB%2fX2WSCA%3d&1g=Ov9I56cu2THlrh%2b%2bl1%2beCA%3d%3d&1v=CITY&1pl=&2a=231%20Windsor%20Way&2c=Long%20Beach&2s=CA&2z=&2y=

Thanks for the link Jleg. It says it is nearly 31 miles from John Wayne to Long Beach, but LAX states only about 23 miles??? I don't get it? I guess just the traffic getting out of LAX makes up for all the mess....?

When you say you take "mass transit". What does that mean specifically at LAX?

The two airports are 41 miles apart...and you're coming from the south when you arrive in John Wayne....but from the north at LAX. There's a bus depot--called FlyAway--about three miles from where I live [25 miles north of LAX]. There are plans to build more throughout Los Angeles.

I take the Greyhound-type buses to the airport [LAX]. There are already about 5 companies that do the same sort of thing from other parts of the Southern California area. It costs $7 r/t....takes me 30 minutes-hour to get to the airport. Where I live, there is no inexpensive service to John Wayne.

Archived