Fuel Supplements and OBC

ScotFi

Hi

Booked our cruise last year and charged fuel supplement. Have seen that OBC has been assigned to people. Have B2B booked in September and believe the fuel supplement at time of booking was around 35 pound sterling per person. TA stating they have not had confirmation from RCI and do not know if this willbe passed on to us. RCI are not responding to e-mails. Any one have experience of this am aware that over the pond can be different rules.

Thanks for any help

Scotfi

I too would like to know what's going on with fuel charges. I noticed on my online bill that on the main page the amount due includes the fuel charge.....however when I tab over to make a payment, the amount of the fuel charge is dropped.

What's going on here? Is there a fuel charge or not?!?!?!?!

In reference to your question about fuel charges we are booked on the liberty of the seas 7/11/09 and we booked the cruise in aug 08 aboard the rhapsody. The original invoice from the boat included a fuel charge however my latest invoice dated 3/27/09 does not have the fuel charge and the OBC $100 per cabin is still on the invoice. I had called about the OBC due 2 all the C&A changes but the rep said we will still get the OBC hope that helps. P.S. In the announcement by RCCL about them dropping the fuel charge they stated that they reserved the right to reinstitute the charge at any time. so far my bill still does not have a fuel charge. Happy Cruising:rolleyes::)

Hi there, yes we got our fuel supplement as OBC on our 30/3 Brilliance cruise.

I phoned and checked before travelling as I never seem to get a response from anyone by email. I also asked again as I checked in at the terminal just to make sure.

It does take a couple of days to hit your account so don't panic if you turn on your TV on day 1 and it doesn't show up.

This info was meant to be on the RCCL UK site but I cant find it now, but I had it in an email :confused:

Further to our communication dated the 5th December 2008 regarding the

suspension of the fuel supplement for all Royal Caribbean International

sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009; please be advised of the

following important information:

Please note that ALL guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart

on or after January 1, 2009, will now have the supplement automatically

refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their

sailing. Please be aware that this applies to both paid and unpaid

bookings, the original holiday price therefore remains unchanged.

Please note that this decision has been made to facilitate a smoother

reimbursement process for both our guests and trade partners.

The on board credit will be given at the same ROE as was paid for at the

time and means that we are able to reimburse the guests directly, rather

than go via the trade partner and adjust all the costs on the booking and

cause unecessary administration and invoicing.

I have a new invoice from my ta stating 'the equivalent of £154 will be refunded as obc'.I sail on IOS July.

Hi

That is great news we do not sail until September but our TA is a little reluctant to or unable to give information at the moment. I hope we are as lucky considering the way the pound has been going it would be useful.

By the way not far from you in Ayr

Thanks for all the help

Scotfi

Hi ScotFi,

I phoned my TA today just to double check the OBC fuel supp refund,I told her everyone on cruise critic had been told,or not told different things.She comfirmed that I would receive £154 (£4 pgpd,1st &2nd,£1.50 pgpd,3rd&4th),so no matter what the exchange rate is,it will be that amount converted to $.

ps,my Mum used to stay in Ayr,so know it quite well!

Archived