Booking a group cruise on AOS...any tips?

I'm planning a family reunion next April in the Southern Caribbean. I've already done some research on my own but thought it would be prudent to ask for tips from people who have done this before.

Any advice or things to look out for/keep in mind?

You will get one free berth (base fare - non-commissionables) for each 8 cabins double occupancy though the free berth still pays port taxes and fees. You need to check also for GAP points available for your cruise.

I would either get a TA to handle everyone's bookings, or give your family group the date and ship and let them book their own arrangements. That way, no one gets mad at YOU when something isn't what they expected, and you won't have to deal with payments, and such.

When you put your package together.... have the Pre Paid Gratuities included in the price you tell everyone. Makes it easy that they are PAID in advance and gives the group more flexibilty for dining options, assigned seats and/or Round Robin.

I would either get a TA to handle everyone's bookings, or give your family group the date and ship and let them book their own arrangements. That way, no one gets mad at YOU when something isn't what they expected, and you won't have to deal with payments, and such.

This is exactly what we've done in the past.

I have booked reservations while onboard another cruise for everyone and then will turn it over to a TA. No way do I want to have any of the headaches that come with friends or relatives owing me any money. I don't make their deposit, they have a week after the booking to take care of that, through the TA.

I do some research and make suggestions regarding port stops. We don't try to stick together as a group other than at dinner. Last year was an exception, we cruised Italy/Croatia and several port stops we hired a private driver. Too much togetherness can have the opposite effect than what one hopes for ;)

Archived