Anyone done Carnivals Sail and snorkel tour?

echo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noticed both of these seem to be for Nassau. If going to Freeport, Carnival also sells catamaran sail & snorkel cruises. However, you may want to try Sand Dollar Cruises. The cost is $45. for 3 hrs. with unlimited Bahama Mamas. We did this tour a week ago. We had approximately 25 people on our boat. Unfortunately the waters were very rough due to a tropical storm/depression brewing in the area so the sails weren't able to be raised so I didn't get the full effect of the sailing. The staff was very nice though & the snorkeling was amazing. I'm told Captain Tony usually mans the boat (he was off the day we went) & for on-line questions/reservations I dealt with Bart, who was very quick in his responses.

• 1 month later...

Just got back , we did the Catermeran Sail and snorkel w/ Carnival. It was with seahorse. Boat was not packed, we motored out to the end of the harbour, then we snorkeled for an hour. Snorkeling was very good. We then got back on the boat and "sailed" back with rum punch and chips. Rum punch had very little rum in it. Also when I say "sailed", we motored back with the sail up. It was fun to cruised down the harbour and look at all the rich people's mansions and yatchs and pick which one you wanted. 2 negatives on the trip, the walk to the sailboat was a good trek, next to Senor Frog's not too far but keep in mind if you have trouble walking. Also the trip was suppose to last 3.5 hours, it lasted about alittle over 2.5, that in itself kinda burnt my butt alittle bit. All in all, I not crazy about Nassua, so for me I feel the need to do a tour, and this was a pretty good one.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back on Sunday from the Carnival Sensation. We did the sail and snorkel and was happy with it. Not the best snorkeling I've hd, but better then others. I went out pretty far from the catamaran just to get away from all the people and found better fish. Got a good pict of squid. I wish it were longer. We only got about 1 hr of snorkel time. We were on the seahorse. I would have preferred the Stuart's cove, but we were not in Nassau long enough to go with them so we ended up donig the cruise excursion. Also, be sure to book before you leave. We wanted to wait until we were on the ship since we were with a group and didn't have a consensus of what we wanted to do. It ended up being 6 or 7 dollars more on the ship then if we had booked before hand.

Also, we did a little shopping before heading back to the ship. If you wanted souveniors, the shops close at 6pm which only leaves about 1.5 hrs after hte excursions to shop. Most everything is touristie and made in china, we were able to find a very nice authentic shop on a side street. It was called the Blue Pearl. They feature local artisans' work. I'm into that so I bought quite a bit there. A couple pieces of pottery and some jewlery. Very nice and unique. Wish I would have gotten more jewlery. They are on International Bazaar, Bay St. It's a side street.

Just got back on Sunday from the Carnival Sensation. We did the sail and snorkel and was happy with it. Not the best snorkeling I've hd, but better then others. I went out pretty far from the catamaran just to get away from all the people and found better fish. Got a good pict of squid. I wish it were longer. We only got about 1 hr of snorkel time. We were on the seahorse. I would have preferred the Stuart's cove, but we were not in Nassau long enough to go with them so we ended up donig the cruise excursion. Also, be sure to book before you leave. We wanted to wait until we were on the ship since we were with a group and didn't have a consensus of what we wanted to do. It ended up being 6 or 7 dollars more on the ship then if we had booked before hand.

Also, we did a little shopping before heading back to the ship. If you wanted souveniors, the shops close at 6pm which only leaves about 1.5 hrs after hte excursions to shop. Most everything is touristie and made in china, we were able to find a very nice authentic shop on a side street. It was called the Blue Pearl. They feature local artisans' work. I'm into that so I bought quite a bit there. A couple pieces of pottery and some jewlery. Very nice and unique. Wish I would have gotten more jewlery. They are on International Bazaar, Bay St. It's a side street.

Was it through Seahorse as well? How long did it take you to get from the cruise ship to the catamaran dock?

Archived