Gastineau Guiding?

Ms Understood

Does anyone know what their status is? I booked (I thought) a whale watching trip for 20 of us in July in Juneau. I have a confirmation and all was fine except I recently had a question which I posed via e mail to the person who I had spoken with in setting up the tour in the first place. After 10 days without a response I sent a second inquiry. Next I sent the same inquiry to the main email address thinking perhaps this guy is on vacation or whatever and no one is monitoring his email. No response. Should I start over? Have they become the latest victims of our tanking economy? Anybody know?

Why are people afraid to pick up the phone and call? Email is a crap shoot. Sometimes it gets there and sometimes it doesn't. I would never rely on an email for anything even though I use them everyday. When it doubt pick up the phone and call. That is all.

Hi Jayne,

Yes we are doing just fine. I can see how those message boards can really stir things up – thank you for using your better judgment.

I’ve been away for about a week, however, there is always someone here during business hours.

I hope that clears the air for you. Thanks for checking in.

Jeremy

Director of Tours and Marketing

Gastineau Guiding Company

(907)586-2666 office

(907)586-3990 fax

jeremy@gguiding.com

www.StepIntoAlaska.com

I spoke with Jeremy twice today and have been reassured that they are in fact there. Bearbait, I am all about the email and actually like it better than leaving a voice mail since I have a record of what I said and when I said it. Thanks for checking for me, Capt Louis.

I spoke with Jeremy twice today and have been reassured that they are in fact there. Bearbait, I am all about the email and actually like it better than leaving a voice mail since I have a record of what I said and when I said it. Thanks for checking for me, Capt Louis.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. But the reliance on email is like sending out smoke signals. You send it out and hope the wind doesn't blow it away. You might have a record of it but no idea if the person on the other end received it.

It's just one of the ways we are losing out on personal relations in our country. Calling someone on the phone is so much more personal. It gives you a chance to engage another human being in personal conversation.

I'm sure you'll have a good trip but don't discount a phone call. It's the next best thing to being there in person. :)

• 1 month later...
Glad to hear it worked out for you. But the reliance on email is like sending out smoke signals. You send it out and hope the wind doesn't blow it away. You might have a record of it but no idea if the person on the other end received it.

If you use MS Outlook or Windows Mail, you can request a return receipt when your email is either delivered or read.

Archived