Need Help in Selecting Alaskan Cruise

seamare

I've never been on an Alaskan cruise but with all the great deals out there am now thinking of booking one for August. It's really mind boggling to try and figure out what is the best route. We really would enjoy the glacier cruising - which are the best ships for that? Which departure city would be best - I know it's cheaper to fly into Seattle and return from there but would I get the best Alaskan experience doing that route? Please all you experts in Alaska help me.

If you want glacier cruising, then look for an itinerary that includes Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier. HAL I believe even has some itineraries that visit both Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm which would be a fantastic idea.

HAL I believe even has some itineraries that visit both Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm which would be a fantastic idea.

Yes, HAL has two ships with round trip itineraries out of Vancouver that go to both Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm. This would be a very scenic itinerary and a great choice.

Another option for scenic glacier cruises would be to go on a Princess or HAL one way cruise out of Vancouver that goes to Glacier Bay and College Fjords, two very scenic areas. You need to fly into and out of different cities with this option. However, it would give you the ability to tour some of the interior of Alaska too.

Vancouver sailings will have more scenic cruising time.

Either HAL or Princess. I would recommend a land/tour. We did one with Princess in 2007. I would suggest to the land portion first, a bit more hectic and then the cruise so you can kick back and relax. Make sure you spend a little extra for the balcony. It is well worth it. Good Luck.

Archived