Rum......

newbieMom

Fixed that for ya.

I like your version better. A little rum always makes me forget.

I don't. And in my experience, the worst that can happen with booze is that they make you pay the duty on it. The one time I did declare I was over the limit, the border guard looked at me and told me I didn't look stupid so why would I go and say something stupid like that. ;) To each their own. Some folks are willing to take their chances smuggling booze off, others are willing to take their chances smuggling booze off.

:confused:

If you mean smuggling on vs. smuggling off, two different animals. Smuggling on can result in confiscation at worst. Smuggling off can mean confiscation and felony prosecution at worst. In your defense, they probably would never actually prosecute for having a few undeclared bottles, but I just wanted to present that information to anyone reading this thread.:)

If you mean smuggling on vs. smuggling off, two different animals. Smuggling on can result in confiscation at worst. Smuggling off can mean confiscation and felony prosecution at worst. In your defense, they probably would never actually prosecute for having a few undeclared bottles, but I just wanted to present that information to anyone reading this thread.:)

No, you'd have to have liquor in quantities and in such a manner as to be indicative of distribution without paying appropriate taxation. And yes, it is a risk. Anyone wishing to undertake such an activity should know the legal risks involved.

It's a simple choice really.

"Rum for me" is going to win the argument every single time.

LOL...agree.

Went to ABC friday - rum was pretty much not to be had. They had JB's brand, some Capt and a couple bottles of bacardi...WTH?

Went to ABC friday - rum was pretty much not to be had. They had JB's brand, some Capt and a couple bottles of bacardi...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Fixed.

Advantage to being back in Mich, no ABC.

Take a drive to Fair Lakes. The ABC there had a pretty decent selection, but nowhere near the choices I had in SJU airport in November.

LOL...agree.

Went to ABC friday - rum was pretty much not to be had. They had JB's brand, some Capt and a couple bottles of bacardi...WTH?

You gotta get the hell outta the sticks, dude.:p

My local ABC sucks. I miss the Jersey liquor stores that had every brand known to man. Good luck finding anything but the basics in most VA ABCs.:mad:

Advantage to being back in Mich, no ABC.

Take a drive to Fair Lakes. The ABC there had a pretty decent selection, but nowhere near the choices I had in SJU airport in November.

Fair Lakes, huh? The one over by the (now closed) circuit city on Waples Mill?

You gotta get the hell outta the sticks, dude.:p

My local ABC sucks. I miss the Jersey liquor stores that had every brand known to man. Good luck finding anything but the basics in most VA ABCs.:mad:

Tell me about it.

Never been to a Jersy store but I think we are safe in saying that the VA ABC pretty much blow chunks.

So, have you submitted your application yet?

Fair Lakes, huh? The one over by the (now closed) circuit city on Waples Mill?

No, I lived across the street from Fair Lakes Center (Fair Lakes Parkway between Stringfellow and Rt 7100). There's an ABC right next to the Chevy Chase Bank.

Tell me about it.

Never been to a Jersy store but I think we are safe in saying that the VA ABC pretty much blow chunks.

So, have you submitted your application yet?

Sam Adams???:confused:

Sent in my winning entry last Thursday:cool:.

No, I lived across the street from Fair Lakes Center (Fair Lakes Parkway between Stringfellow and Rt 7100). There's an ABC right next to the Chevy Chase Bank.

Ahhh, I know exactly where it is, now. I worked on Fair Lakes Circle, and might be going back there - long story.

On topic, does anyone know if you can get Big Black Dick's in Virginia?

Sam Adams???:confused:

Sent in my winning entry last Thursday:cool:.

Ahhh, I know exactly where it is, now. I worked on Fair Lakes Circle, and might be going back there - long story.

On topic, does anyone know if you can get Big Black Dick's in Virginia?

Ummm....announcement at the top of the page :p

*this is the way we wash our clothes....how much wood could a woodchuck...*:cool:

Ummm....announcement at the top of the page :p

*this is the way we wash our clothes....how much wood could a woodchuck...*:cool:

Ahhh, pretty sure they would not put me in a position of authority here. I don't have a very good filter, and I am pretty good at p***ing people off on these boards, apparently.:cool:

Ahhh, pretty sure they would not put me in a position of authority here. I don't have a very good filter, and I am pretty good at p***ing people off on these boards, apparently.:cool:

Yep...which is why I love the Tucker house so much, LMAO.

Tef - why for are you editing my posts....trying to get me in MORE trouble? :p

Archived