QE2 Magic of Iberia 02Nov04 Photos

transat_jon

Jon,

Thanks for sharing the photos - from the ones I have looked at they are very good! How do you manage to take such good photos - I always have to use 'slow sync' setting on my digital camera in order to take photos indoors and have to stay perfectly still in order to get a non blurred image! Do you have any tips re this?

I am curious to know which cabin photos you took - the Queens Grill double cabin (not the balcony or Grand suite ones) is probably the smallest cabin in this grade I've seen. I saw Q3 cabin 1042 on the 21.10 Iberian Shores trip that friends of mine had and it was much bigger than this cabin - it just shows how much the cabins differ even within the same grade!

It looks like you had good weather too - were the seas quite calm for the duration of the cruise & what was the entertainment like? On my cruise we had a force 10 after leaving Southampton & then force 8 onthe return! I look forward to reading your review.

I hope to post a review of my trip soon that was excellent except for the bad weather and an embarkation fiasco & delay from hell!!!

Kind Rgs,

RJMS74

so there were someone from uk on this cruise!!!!!!!!!

you were not in 2003 were you?

i waas on this cruise until 24hrs before!

when my t/a rung to say it was overbooked you might have seen my posts here?

looking forward to your photos, iam still dissapointed after much stress talking to t/a and cunard i got my refund just in time to take another cruise on costa!

iam still disgusted with cunard and victoruia travel who treated me terribly?

ok i get a refund, my cruise cert back, asnd a freee cruise in2005 30th july to iceland and norway. but iam still very unhappy.

well hope you had a great time.

david

Hello Jon,

Re my earlier post & query re the Queens Grill cabin in photos 5 & 6 - I am perhaps wondering if this is perhaps a QG single cabin (due to its size) either 1032 or 1035?

Look forward to hearing from you re the above.

Kind Rgs

RJMS74

Hi RJMS74

I still need to put captions on the cabins (and I need to check my notes about which cabins I was in) but off the top of my head, I think the cabins were as follows :

On the "On Board" page : first cabin picture is a P3

The next two are a Q1 with the oval windows (It did have twin beds but I will need to go back to my notes to find out which one it is.

The next four are a penthouse suite

The last cabin picture is the bedroom of a penthouse suite (I have some other pictures of the Penthouse suite in my photos from May03).

It will be next weekend before I get a chance to update the captions, words/reviews and some corrections/refinements to the website.

As for quality, I too used to have similar problems as you did with getting indoor shots. A few general pointers though :

Many compact cameras do not have very powerful flashes/strobes, an add on "slave" flash/strobe (under £50 for a flash gun and sensor) can make up for this. watch out for mirrors when using flash though, they can give unwanted reflections of the light.

Always try to lean the camera on or against something solid like a bulkhead or item of furniture (chair arms can be very good for this), My lobby and bell pictures were taken on a tripod with a 1 or 2 second exposure.

Only take indoor shots like this when the ship is in port, any morement or vibration is going to ruin your shot.

Take numerous shots, the more you take the more likely you will have

And probably the best bit of advice is to upgrade to using an SLR. They are more expensive, heavy and bulky, neccessitate expensive lenses but the results can be so much better.

I had seen it said on the web that you could not see the Rotterdam in Gib but from the first cable car station you get a great view.

Weather was fantastic : 20 - 30 degrees C all the time and the only rain was in Funchal and even that had all cleared by 10:00am. You could not have had better weather, especially in November. Sea was calm the whole way except for some slight chop on the way back accross the Bay of Biscay.

Add to that food service and the ship was great too.

Archived