Just off Liberty of the Seas; Western Caribbean...

Was Labadee any more crowded than usual? I've read that Hideaway Beach is closed due to Oasis pier construction, so I'm a bit concerned about the remaining available beaches being overly crowded.

Erica

No they had plenty of spots and loungers.

Are you going to post your 1000 plus pictures. I would love to see them. We will be on Liberty for the Western in October. I look and anyone's pictures I can. Thanks for all of your comments.

I'd be happy to share some of my pictures. We have so many. We had a group of five couples. Each couple had a themed cocktail party in their cabin on their designated night. We had five different themes. We decorated our cabins and dressed the part. The room attendants were laughing over our decorations and we called room service to provide the snacks. We had late seating for dinner so the cocktail parties were generally around 7pm. Each couple also had a game and a prize. I am still laughing because my sister and her husband had Pirates of the Caribbean theme. They had costumes, wigs, hats.. etc.. .. well when we got back to Miami for some reason they were randomly selected for all their luggage to be searched in customs and when the customs people started seeing the costumes and wigs... everyone just broke out in laughter.

I copied my list that I had posted on our roll call to help everyone get ready for their cruise. This may help you.

First, we have a clear over the door shoe organizer. I say clear because you would want to be able to see inside each of the pockets. This we would hang on the back of the bathroom door and place all of your little items in it to keep your counters free of clutter.

This idea was passed down to me from another fellow cruiser so I don’t take the credit for it but I certainly think it is a great idea. I got mine online from Finger Hut.

http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGroup.aspx?offergroupxid=92929&cmCategoryID

One of the first things we do when we get in the cabin is wipe down all the door knobs, handles, phone and remote control with those Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. Especially with that flu going around. I carried the container in my purse because I did it while waiting for our luggage.

If you think about it, but the time you get in your cabin, another couple or family has been living in it for a week and has touched everything. The cabin has been cleaned but who knows if they wipe every little thing down. This is for my own piece of mind. So I would add that to your shopping list. When we left the ship on Saturday at 7am, there were several cabins that we already made up for the next week. So you know that not every thing gets wiped down really good.

Other things I bring:

Ø Zip-lock bags – different sizes for many different things

Ø Hangers – I think you can ask your room attendant for extra but I always bring mine own.

Ø Clothes Pins

Ø Power Strip – not many outlets in the room.

Ø Extension Cord - I will run an extension cord if I need to.

Ø Alarm Clock – Some people just use their cell phones.

Ø Night Light – Cabin is dark, if you don’t use your cell phone for light then bring one.

Ø Bathroom Spray –

Ø Landyards – these are those things you wear around your neck and attach your Sea Pass card to it. Front desk will hole punch your card or bring your own hole puncher. (I bring my own)

Ø Bar Soap – I like to bring my own instead of using the small bars they give.

Ø Portable Ipod Speakers- so you can enjoy your downloaded Caribbean music as you sail.

Ø Motion Sickness Medicine – if you think you need it, some you need a written RX.

Ø Prescriptions and Medicine – the over the counter, Tums, Imodium, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Sudafed, tooth ache gel, band-aids, mole skin, aloe vera lotion for sunburns

Ø Cell Phone charger – you will need to charge up before we get home!

**Note this.. your cell phone WILL work on this ship but going through the ship's service is very very expensive. A couple of times I waited until I was off the ship and made a quick call. When you turn your phone on you will see the phone service that is offered so you will know the difference. It is best to just leave your phone off, or set it on airplane mode.

Ø Extra Camera Memory Card - Last thing you want to do is run out of memory!!! We had our laptop and dumped our pictures onto it every day.

Ø Extra camera batteries or rechargeable batteries and charger.

Ø Small roll of duct tape – many uses. One is we tape our luggage tags on our cases of water, soda or whatever else we bring that we buy at the store before we go to port. Duct tape has many uses.

Ø Small spray bottle.. use this up by the pool to spray myself when it is hot

Ø Walkie Talkies- we always bring them, keep the volume low.. Traveling with large groups on a large ship we sometimes need to find someone. Or if you need to find your kids. Please note this can be disturbing to other travelers so we really keep the volume very low!

Ø Binoculars –

Ø Rum Runners – (worked great, each couple packed away 6)

Ø Hand sanitizers – small kind to put in pocket purse or clip on landyards

Ø Sports Bottles – We use these at the pool and around the ship for “special drinks”

Ø Snack Items We have cocktail parties in our cabins with our friends so we munch on snack or salty items. We buy these at the store before we go to the port.

o Ritz Crackers

o Cheese in Can

o Nuts

o Cookies

o Candy

o Plastic Glasses as the ones in the cabin are too small.

o Powdered Crystal Light – for our bottled water

Ø Small Rolling Ice Chest – We bring this to keep our drinks really cold in our room. The room attendant will fill it with ice daily for us. Got mine on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/52-Can-Collapsible-Rolling-Cooler-Orange-Grey-W-Tags_W0QQitemZ140292469301QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De%20faultDomain_0?hash=item140292469301&_trksid=p3286.%20c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%20%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Ø Suitcase Scale – We bring one of those luggage weight scales to we can make sure we are within our weight limits as we fly.

v We bring lots of one dollar bills for tipping.

v We tie bright colored ribbon on our suitcases to help us identify them.

v Bungee Cord - Brought a bungee cord to secure a door that we wanted to keep open from banging. We once had all of our cabins next to each other and had the doors to the balconies opened up all the way. Our door kept banging.. so this helped it to stop. Also will help tie up your luggage together while you are walking into airport etc..

The Jr. Suites and up have robes in their cabins, all the cabins have hair dryers in the desk drawers

Take some water (aqua) shoes for going on shore, you will want them in the water.

I know that if you pack your clothes in dry cleaner bags that they will not wrinkle.

Tips for packing: http://www.fodors.com/news/story_1449.html

I rolled all of my clothes this time and it gave me more room in my suitcase and the clothes were wrinkle free.

Make copies of your passports/credit cards to leave behind with a family member and to also travel with.

I also call our credit card companies and give them the dates we will be traveling so they will not lock down our account thinking the card was stolen. If they tried to call us, we would not be home to answer the phone!! Sooooooo call your credit card companies and let them know.

**We did have issue with one credit card on our cruise. Seems that our credit card company blocked charges because our zip code was not entered when RCCL swiped the card and so they locked down the card. So then RCCL locked down our SeaPass. This rather irriated my husband he went down to the front desk and the person at the desk was able to get the credit card company on the phone but it was a pain in the a$$.

We got to Miami a couple of days early and got a case of water and some soda and mixers. We just put luggage tags on the liquids and checked them in with our luggage. I have attached a few pictures for you.

Hope this helps you all.

I added a few pictures.

2986_88900719736_581849736_1705595_5850781_n.jpg.048feea8c5d47f65d852e35a88464d70.jpg

2986_88900634736_581849736_1705582_3393838_n.jpg.1716c536e0f025bfc34ecc29596400bf.jpg

406331881703_0_ALB.jpg.178376244e11f29ccb6adb5b0188d01b.jpg

Could you tell me who the cruise Director is? I will be going on May 30. just wondering.

Thanks

I believe our cruise director got off our ship when we got to Miami on Saturday so I do not know who the director is now.

By the way are you from Zanesville, Ohio by any chance?

You are allowed to buy water and pop (soda, depends on where you are from!!!) and bring them on the ship with you? How about liquor? I don't think so, but I didn't know if RCCL had a shop at the port to purchase things to bring on the ship. Also, you say there is a hair dryer in all rooms... Is it a decent one? I guess I am a hair dryer snob! The tiny little travel ones do not do very well on my hair! Thank you so much for the packing list... I wouldn't have thought of some of that on my own!

You are allowed to buy water and pop (soda, depends on where you are from!!!) and bring them on the ship with you? How about liquor? I don't think so, but I didn't know if RCCL had a shop at the port to purchase things to bring on the ship. Also, you say there is a hair dryer in all rooms... Is it a decent one? I guess I am a hair dryer snob! The tiny little travel ones do not do very well on my hair! Thank you so much for the packing list... I wouldn't have thought of some of that on my own!

Yes everyone in our group had a case of water and some kind of soda. We put our luggage tags on them and check them in with our luggage which is why I posted a picture. As for liquor we all used Rum Runners. RCCL does not approve of anyone bringing their own liquor on board but we all did it anyway and had Rum Runners in all of our suitcases. Even with the Rum Runners our bill was still over $800, but we all had cocktail parties in our cabins. I even took my "Magic Bullet" and made Pina Colada's. I had so many they don't sound good to me right now.

As for the Rum Runners. We each had six Rum Runners and we all distributed them throughout all of our suitcases. I "lock" my suitcases up with those zip cable ties just so that I know that no one has bothered with my suitcases, my girlfriend used the zip cable ties also but didn't lock up one of her suitcases, (don't ask me why) well, it was searched because if your suitcases are searched they will put a note in there like the airline does, but the Rum Runner was not discovered she had it buried inbetween her clothing.

If you were to buy liquor at a port RCCL will hold your purchase until the very last day of your cruise.

Each cabin has a mini refridgerator in it but don't expect it to cool down your drinks like you would like. For that reason we bring a little rolling ice chest and our room attendant kept it filled full of ice for us every day. So when we would walk in our cabin after being out in the hot weather you know that ice cold bottle of water tasted good.

OH... RCCL sells coke cards and they just started selling WATER CARDS so if you don't want to haul anything onto the ship those are available options for you.

I thought the hair dryer was of good quality but I have thin hair. There are no plugs you can use in the bathroom. So if you want to dry your hair or use a curling iron in the bathroom better bring a few extension cords. I was fine with sitting at the desk drying and curling my hair. The hair dryer is also locked into place at the desk there so you can't move it into the bathroom if you wanted to.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Why that is crazy. I am born and raised here all my 33 years. Maybe one day we will on a cruise ship somewhere.

For sure! Was born in Good Samaratin Hsp, my mother went to St. Nicholas High School, Dad went to what was known as LASH and my mother still owns my grandmother's house there so we get out there about twice a year. Crazy indeed!!

We sailed on the Liberty 2/21/09. Never thought about putting a luggage label on a case of water. Will have to remember that one.

Z-Ville Cruisers & Janet Foster,

We're from Reynoldsburg Ohio and go camping out at Dillon Dam all the time.

My grandmother lived in Zanesville and her last name happened to be Foster. It sure can be a small world.

Great ideas of things to pack for a cruise.

We really enjoyed the Liberty. Trying the Oasis next.

:):)

We sailed on the Liberty 2/21/09. Never thought about putting a luggage label on a case of water. Will have to remember that one.

Z-Ville Cruisers & Janet Foster,

We're from Reynoldsburg Ohio and go camping out at Dillon Dam all the time.

My grandmother lived in Zanesville and her last name happened to be Foster. It sure can be a small world.

Great ideas of things to pack for a cruise.

We really enjoyed the Liberty. Trying the Oasis next.

:):)

Small world.. My cousin who went on the cruise with us grew up in Reynoldsburg. Her maiden name is Hupp. Crazy Crazy world.

My sister works for Southwest Airlines in Vegas and there are about three people who also work there that are from Zanesville.. such a small town to have so many people connections... LOVE IT..

Oh yes.. do take what ever drink you want and check them in with your luggage. I have learned all of these neat little ideas from other people on CC... and so I can't take the credit for it all but sure like to help out when I can.

I got the rolling cooler you suggested Janet and it worked great. It did leak a bit but I just stuck it in the shower. The cooler did hold ice for 2 days wich was nice.

I had not problems with my Rum Runners.:D:D:D

I was on deck 9 and every afternoon some darn kids would go running up and down the hall waking us from our naps.

On another note the service could not had been any better than what we got on L.O.S:D

J Foster,

The last name of Hupp is not familiar. I'd have to get a year book out. I'm sure she's most likely alot younger then I am.

We're also gotten lots of good information from CC.

Love it.

:)

I got the rolling cooler you suggested Janet and it worked great. It did leak a bit but I just stuck it in the shower. The cooler did hold ice for 2 days wich was nice.

I had not problems with my Rum Runners.:D:D:D

I was on deck 9 and every afternoon some darn kids would go running up and down the hall waking us from our naps.

On another note the service could not had been any better than what we got on L.O.S:D

Gotta love the Rum Runners. My husband even had one of the small ones in his pocket when we walked through security going on board. We'll sure think of them the next time we go to a concert or sporting event.

I heard that deck 9 had about 144 high school kids from MA on that level. So it doesn't surprise me about the running. I guess it could have been worse. We had our first aft cabin and while I thought it was cool having the extra length in our cabin... and the extra length on the balcony I really missed the action on the side of the ship...

I am glad you got the ice chest even if it did leak. I am sure it made your trip all the more pleasant having a cold one...

OH... RCCL sells coke cards and they just started selling WATER CARDS so if you don't want to haul anything onto the ship those are available options for you.

So what's the deal with the water cards? Are they for bottled water, I assume? Cups of water are still free, right?

Erica

The water card was like $36 or so and yes it was bottled water. Yes you can still get a glass of water at the bar for no charge. The water bottle deal didn't seem to be selling much. But when we would get to port I would see people buying water for about $4 as they were getting off the ship. Another reason why I like bringing my own.

For sure! Was born in Good Samaratin Hsp, my mother went to St. Nicholas High School, Dad went to what was known as LASH and my mother still owns my grandmother's house there so we get out there about twice a year. Crazy indeed!!

Crazy. I went to St. Nicholas as well. My mothers family was raise in St. Nicholas. Do you by chance no the Hennessy's?

Carazy

The water card was for a set # of bottles (Avion). I think they started at $28 for 8 bottle(1 liter ea I think). I thought it was a complete rip especially considering the water on board for free is better and fresher. I did buy one bottle for $4.00 when leaving for a port one day.

The water card was for a set # of bottles (Avion). I think they started at $28 for 8 bottle(1 liter ea I think). I thought it was a complete rip especially considering the water on board for free is better and fresher. I did buy one bottle for $4.00 when leaving for a port one day.

Yes I don't recall seeing a line to buy the water card. Best deal is to bring a case on with you.

Crazy. I went to St. Nicholas as well. My mothers family was raise in St. Nicholas. Do you by chance no the Hennessy's?

Carazy

I will ask my mother, she graduated in '48. We moved away from Z when I was 2 but both my parents family all stayed there.

Yes they did have MTD and there was a big sign on one of the decks near one of the dining rooms with all the information.

It's the dining room on Deck 5, we signed up for MTD on the 2nd day of the cruise with no problems. MTD worked better than I thought for our group of 6 but if you have a bigger group it might be harder for them to accommodate. We had a group of 10 for 1 night and had to wait 10-15 mins for them to set up a couple of tables together.

As for the Flowrider/Rock Climbing when at port, it was only open from 9am-10am and 3pm-4pm, and not the whole time at port. To avoid the crowds, go early in the morning.

Archived