teen club

des smith

I have just read in the new brochure that pacific sun will be changing age groups for the teen club (HQ) to 11-17? Not sure if i like that as my DD will have just turned 12.

Can anybody tell me what sort of activities they offer in the club as it will be her first cruise and she can be shy.

I have also been told P&O hire out walkie talkies incase she wants to leave the teen club. Is this a good idea and how much are they?

Hi Des

Our DD has travelled twice with us on PD, once at 14 and once at 15. She loves it. The teen lounge has many and varied activities, all age appropriate and fun. The kids very quickly team up with other of their age and interests. The orgainsed events include all the ages but no onie is forced into joining in, though most want to. They seem to all get along well anyway despite the age differences. I too wondered about this age change, but I would feel sorry for a 12 year old being stuck with 7 year old kids. I found the supervision perfectly adequate, and the security a subtle presence. Some of the activities reflect what the adult programme runs, ie on island night they had a get together where they all had their island face painting and (temporary) tattoos. On country night and other theme nights they are all taken to to the dome in a group to jon the fun, and they are taken to the shows as well. You still run into them at various time throughout the day, and someone will always know where they are.

Relax and enjoy this space, Im sure your DD will !. Im not sure about the walkie talkies, I thought they were just for the younger ones, but I could be wrong.

We had a system in our cabin using sticky notes to inform of our and her plans and wherabouts, and she was warned that if that wasnt used then she'd have to spend more time with us !! It didnt fail. !

they also had the usual like play stations, guitar hero comps, air hockey etc, but mine seemed to like the organised stuff and just hanging out with new friends around thepool etc,

Have fun

Jo

My 12 year old daughter loved the teen club, but my 17year daughter was not interested, we travelled last September school hols so lots of kids mainly around the the 12 to 15 age. My daughter has made lots of cruise friends that she still keeps in contact with. We hired walkie talkies for my daughter and her friend as lost them on the first night. They where then banned from going anywhere unless had walky talky and watches. The walky talkies where $10 a day. Sometimes they did not work when we where in the room and she was upstairs.

we have just came back from a cruise 09/04/09 we had a 11yr old with us they started out as one group but it only took one day for the crew to work out that it didnt work ,then they split them into two groups that work out better.

I have just read in the new brochure that pacific sun will be changing age groups for the teen club (HQ) to 11-17? Not sure if i like that as my DD will have just turned 12.

Can anybody tell me what sort of activities they offer in the club as it will be her first cruise and she can be shy.

I have also been told P&O hire out walkie talkies incase she wants to leave the teen club. Is this a good idea and how much are they?

I have recently read somewhere (sorry can't think where) that they will have separate activities for the younger teens 11-13. The age groups change in sept/oct this year so it won't be too long to wait before you can get an idea of their daily programmes. In Shark shack at the moment they do split the kids 7-9 & 10-12 for certain activities so I assume it will be similar :).

To all that has replied, if they split the ages in the club i think that would be better...movies for a 11yr old may not be what a 17ry old would like etc..

Delona (or anybody else) i am guessing the walkie talkies $10 a pair per day? = $160.00 might have to go a buy a set maybe?? any thoughts.

I

To all that has replied, if they split the ages in the club i think that would be better...movies for a 11yr old may not be what a 17ry old would like etc..

Delona (or anybody else) i am guessing the walkie talkies $10 a pair per day? = $160.00 might have to go a buy a set maybe?? any thoughts.

I

yes we bourght some vhf ones for $ 45 we took with us they all most allover the pacific sun i would 99% working

Yes they are $10 a day, we shared it between another family that had kids that we where cruising with. We didn't care how much, could not find our 13yr old daughters for 3 hours on the first night, had to report them missing, not very nice and they where in big trouble when they realised what time it was and they missed the show that they where supposed to meet us at, they where originally in teen club and did not like the movie so they are allowed to sign themselves out. Not their first cruise and they got caught up in the excitment and had no idea what time it was. No going anywhere with out watch walkie talkie and check in times after that as I was ready to have the boat turned around:eek:

I can imagine my daughter being terrified of not being able to find us...guess its a sign of the times with kids not having the freedom we used to have, there is not many places she is allowed to wander by herself and therefore she is not comfortable in a lot of situations, sad i know.:(. So i think i will definately invest inthe walkie talkies..

although i have been doing a bit of searching on here and have found a lot of people find them annoying? i dont want to be upsetting anybody:cool:. any feed back??

I can imagine my daughter being terrified of not being able to find us...guess its a sign of the times with kids not having the freedom we used to have, there is not many places she is allowed to wander by herself and therefore she is not comfortable in a lot of situations, sad i know.:(. So i think i will definately invest inthe walkie talkies..

although i have been doing a bit of searching on here and have found a lot of people find them annoying? i dont want to be upsetting anybody:cool:. any feed back??

i wouldnt worry about what people think of walkie talkies , i personly would rather be safe then sorry, if something happened and have peace of mind while im on hols.

Archived