2nd person in room cant go, what to do???

FirstTimer2007

Ok, one of the people in my group cant go (and no insurance on their cabin). Has any one exerpienced this? The cruise is less than 3 weeks away. the funpass and everything is already filled out. :(

Can I do a name change on that cabin if the find a person to replace it? If so how much? and how much trouble is this gonna be?:confused:

Thanks.

You can do a name change for $50. It will be up to the cancelled person and the replacement person to work out how they want to handle the cruise fare. If the original pax can't find a replacement, they can cancel and get back 50% of their fare, BUT, the other person in the room is left holding the bag since pricing is based on double occupancy. The right thing to do is for the original pax to find a replacement or just suck it up and take the loss. Carnival won't care that the person doesn't show up...the room is paid for, so the other person would get the room to herself without any additional financial responsibility.

It depends on if you booked the early saver program - no changes at all...period. Can't just pay $50 name change fee if you booked that way. But if you did a regular booking without the early saver, then $50 fee to change the passenger name but get going. They need the info soon for homeland security.

It depends on if you booked the early saver program - no changes at all...period. Can't just pay $50 name change fee if you booked that way. But if you did a regular booking without the early saver, then $50 fee to change the passenger name but get going. They need the info soon for homeland security.

Good point on the early saver program.

Ok, one of the people in my group cant go (and no insurance on their cabin). Has any one exerpienced this? The cruise is less than 3 weeks away. the funpass and everything is already filled out. :(

Can I do a name change on that cabin if the find a person to replace it? If so how much? and how much trouble is this gonna be?:confused:

Thanks.

I'm assuming they are paid and won't get a refund. So, since Carnival has their $$$, it shouldn't effect the overall price of the cabin.

If you can't find someone to replace them, I guess you will be cruising alone.

Not really, the names are turned in 90 minutes before sailing, not any sooner.

This happened to me a few years ago...My friend decided he wasn't going to go a few weeks before the cruise. I asked everyone I knew and no one could go. My friend lost the money and I had a cabin to myself. I had a great time and sorry that they missed out.

Thanks.

Pay the $50 name change. It is good to do this as soon as you know who the 2nd person is. But yes, I have done name changes the day before sailing.

Also, there is no trouble. Very simple and easy just contact who you booked with ASAP to explain what is going on.

Not really, the names are turned in 90 minutes before sailing, not any sooner.

Actually the manifest is turned in 60 minutes prior to sailing. If you have filled out the Funpass, you must be checked in 60 minutes prior to sailing or be denied boarding. If the Funpass is not filled out, then you must be checked in 90 minutes prior to sailing or be denied boarding.

Dave

• 1 month later...
Pay the $50 name change. It is good to do this as soon as you know who the 2nd person is. But yes, I have done name changes the day before sailing.

Also, there is no trouble. Very simple and easy just contact who you booked with ASAP to explain what is going on.

Beccadoby, I hope you're right about this. I've paid for three cabins on a June 9th sailing and now I'm not sure if two out of three people in one of the cabins can make it. I'm pretty sure that I can find at least one other person to fill the spot but I have been searching and can't find anything definitive as to whether Carnival would allow a name change. The Cruise Contract says that any changes require their consent. I'm in the 50% penalty cancellation phase right now but I wouldn't be looking to cancel anyway, unless it was to consolidate into two rooms from three.

Beccadoby, I hope you're right about this. I've paid for three cabins on a June 9th sailing and now I'm not sure if two out of three people in one of the cabins can make it. I'm pretty sure that I can find at least one other person to fill the spot but I have been searching and can't find anything definitive as to whether Carnival would allow a name change. The Cruise Contract says that any changes require their consent. I'm in the 50% penalty cancellation phase right now but I wouldn't be looking to cancel anyway, unless it was to consolidate into two rooms from three.

If you're booked Early Saver you cannot do a name change. If you're booked otherwise you should be able to do a name change for $50 fee, at least until several days prior to departure (if not later). ken

I am booked Early Saver and my cruise is paid in full - I contacted my PVP with Carnival because my daughter is in a summer class in college and they told her to either cancel going on the cruise or fail the class. I have an e-mail that the PVP sent me that said that I could change the name of the person going if she couldn't go - I would lose the deposit - and have to pay $50.00 but it could be done - and I even e-mailed him back to be sure that I had it correct - and he confirmed this. After I find out all of this information my daughter went and canceled the class. So you may want to check on this.

If you're booked Early Saver you cannot do a name change. If you're booked otherwise you should be able to do a name change for $50 fee, at least until several days prior to departure (if not later). ken

Since, I know my deposits were fully refundable, I'm pretty sure I wasn't booked Early Saver. My TA has today off and I won't know whether I need a change for another day or two, but at least you've all eased my mind somewhat.

Archived