Swine flu updates from Cruise Critic

It's really frustrating that Carnival hasn't posted anything yet. We're supposed to leave on Saturday morning. If it's a cruise to nowhere, I'll need to cancel a bunch of stuff, because we won't be going.

They should at least post an update.

Level 5 = Pandemic imminent according to WHO. If it goes to 6 you can probably forget cruising anywhere for a while. WHO is telling all governments to activate Pandemic Awareness Plans. This just got a lot more serious very fast.

Here is the actual plan and, IMO it does not appear very draconian....

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influenza/PIPGuidance09.pdf

Page 51 deals with stages 5 and 6 (The first three pages are a thank you note to the plan authors).

Its great that they are telling all governments to activate an awarness plan. Like there is a person on the planet who doesn't already know!

Folks, has anyone heard anything about Grand Cayman??? DH coworker (who also goes out of tampa alot) said his friends are on a Carnival Ship and the ship was denied entry to GC! Please if someone can verify this please do.

I dont know which ship, I would think Legend, could be inspiration though.

Today was supposed to be Legend's stop in Coz, and instead they had a sea day. Hopefully it was just a communication error in ports? I am supposed to be leaving on Sat on Liberty. I don't know if I could do all 7 days at sea.:(

Here is the actual plan and, IMO it does not appear very draconian....

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influenza/PIPGuidance09.pdf

Page 51 deals with stages 5 and 6 (The first three pages are a thank you note to the plan authors).

Its great that they are telling all governments to activate an awarness plan. Like there is a person on the planet who doesn't already know!

Thanks for linking to this- it is very helpful to have the basic facts!

Archived