Flying out of Orlando...what is too early?

torontoflo

HI, I am cruising on the Fantasy on Jan 13th. I am trying to book my flights through independence air from Knoxville, TN. The flight home is at 12:10pm. Is this too early from cruises out of Port Canaveral? I talked to a representative and he said any flights after noon are acceptable. I am using the Carnival shuttle service and just want to see if anyone has had trouble or not. I know the commute from the port to the airport is about an hour. Thanks for your help. I'm a little stressed out about it.

Megan

Carnival Pride 5/02 Western Caribbean

RCCL Voyager 6/03 Canada

Your flight home is on the weekend?>?? You should be at the airport 2 hours before your scheduled flight- which is 10. You should be off the ship by 9. But I'd be afraid how busy the airport is. Weekends are very busy time for Disney- I would go for a later flight-

If a later flight is not do-able-- do NOT take the cruiselines shuttle. You will have to wait til its full before it leaves then you have to go through all the luggage. Take another transportation.

Usually Carnival states not to make arrangments for flights anytime after 1pm.

My mom posted about it too. I called the Carnival people and they said a 12:10 flight was ample time. I am not booking my airfare through them so I hope this works. If we should miss the flight, does anyone know what would happen? It's an Independence air flight with the next one at 9 pm. Just curious, I have always been there early. Thanks for the help.

Megan

Archived