4/26/09 Live from Carnival Splendor !!!

Wennfred

lmao!!!

I vote we cut Kurbanfan some slack. Some of us like sea days (me) and some like the ports. Kurbanfan obviously is a port kind of guy.

For the poster asking what "lmao" stands for it means "laughing my a*$ off."

I vote we cut Kurbanfan some slack. Some of us like sea days (me) and some like the ports. Kurbanfan obviously is a port kind of guy.

For the poster asking what "lmao" stands for it means "laughing my a*$ off."

I vote "NO"..he/she never cuts anyone else some slack...

Hello CCL

I am live on the Mariner! We are fat & happy as the cruise staff has been great. I am happy that all is well on the CCL. We too are not prepared for this cold weather & the sweatshirts are selling like hot cakes. Stay warm & safe... And I look forward in seeing your ship cruise under the Golden Gate :)

Friends ;)

Sorry, a "nightmare" is the death of a child.

This is an inconvenience and disappointment at the worst.

But since your comments about Carnival are always ultra negative....

big surprise! :rolleyes:

Very well said LHP!! I even enjoy you throwing in their much overused emoticon :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. LOL

Moored a 1:10pm San Francisco

As you can see from a webcam, Marriner of the Seas took our parking spot, they got there first so now we got a long haul to walk to Pier 39 and further on to the chocolate square.. I am to tired and sleepy due to the ugly hazy weather here in San Fran. Its the type of blah weather you just want to stay in bed and sleep. I need a cup of coffee with double shot of pick me up to get going today.

See ya in town.

Fred

I have been reading this since the beginning and think it is the COOLEST thread!! I am so happy everyone is having a great time! :)

My family and I leave for our first cruise ever on the Splendor June 14. Maybe by then it will be to Mexico though who knows? I love the North but with three little ones who are obsessed with warm water slides, beaches, & swimming pools, it would only make sense for our family to reschedule if that happened. If the kids weren't with us we would be having a grand time in San Francisco!!

Please give more updates on the ship, the food, what to expect, and what (as a first time cruiser) I must not leave home without!

Thanks everyone!!!!

And I am extremely impressed by everyone's past experiences with cruises! I, too, hope to become a Cruiser!!!;)

Question for Fred and the others still on the ship... Have they given you guys any nice discounts on alcohol and/or anything in the shops? Being that you went from three stops to one stop, and a lot more time at sea and on the ship, I would think they would at least be kind enough to give some big discounts.

Otherwise, they're totally cashing in on the inconvenience of people trapped on the ship. (not that being "trapped" on a cruise ship is necessarily a bad thing...:D )

Also...if you're wandering around the Wharf, try one of these... I never got to try one when we were there, cuz we had just eaten a huge seafood lunch. But I always thought it was one of the most delicious things I've ever seen in my life. It was in one of the little places right in Fisherman's Wharf. It's some kind of Bloody Mary crab shrimp fiasco. I drool looking at it....

sf_fishwharf_drinks.jpg

Whirlybird3

Thanks for posting here, I know you guys got to go out and explore in Cabo, do you see any sick people or people coughing on board?

We have had 2 twins very young boys that are staying right across from us, they have been CRYING and SCREAMING the whole entire cruise!!!.... I sure hope that they are ok and not sick. The dad already said that he has had enough of their crying and the Mom said she doesn't care.

Fred

Just thought I'd post the latest for the Splendor May 10th cruise. We are headed to Victoria and Vancouver. My husband and I are excited about the B.C. plan. We are celebrating our 2nd Wedding Anniversary on the trip, so it will be fun. Hoping for good weather and seeing all the beautiful gardens. We were traveling on a tight budget so we are very thankful for the $100 OBC per person.

We continue to follow your trip. You all have set a great example with your positive attitude. Sorry to see the rain in SF. Enjoy the city and have a fun trip back!

...Pechez! She and TexMan Al are getting off in San Francisco to walk around a bit and do a little shopping. Then they'll be back onboard for the last leg of the cruise - back to Long Beach.

I feel bad for all of you having to "bundle" up to stay warm, especially when you were expecting warm weather and probably only packed lightweight clothing. (Now, being from Maine, I could handle that colder weather :D) I'm sure it's a disappointment not visiting those wonderful ports, but hey...you could be working instead of on vacation :D

I hope you all have lots of wonderful stories to share and this will be one cruise you will never forget.

Pechez and TexMan Al sits a table away from us during dinner, I chat with Al all the time, he is a cool cat.

Well, we just got notification over the Loudspeaker that there is one person that needs to be medically evac so thats why we are still waiting. They want people to keep the stairs and the lobby clear so that medical team can do their part and remove the sick passenger off the ship safely.

Fred

Pechez and TexMan Al sits a table away from us during dinner, I chat with Al all the time, he is a cool cat.

Well, we just got notification over the Loudspeaker that there is one person that needs to be medically evac so thats why we are still waiting. They want people to keep the stairs and the lobby clear so that medical team can do their part and remove the sick passenger off the ship safely.

Fred

Hey Fred we are now hearing that alot of people on the Mariner are getting off and staying off in San Francisco.......let us know if you hear anything....... news reporters are said to be at the pier.......maybe we will see you on tonights news:p

Archived