Transportation Whittier to Anchorage

Lml513

yes.

we're doing it the other way--family flying in to anchorage independantly and using princess transfers from there to the ship in whittier.

and there are many independant transfer companies as well as the train.

Yes. Princess offers Train, Motorcoach and Transfer/Excursions that take about 5 hours and end-up at Airport or at the Visitor Center (your choice). Since we have a late nite flite, we booked the Turnagain Arm Transfer/Excursion which is under Whitter/Anchorage Excursions. There are a number of Independent options, but there are few Rental Cars or Taxis. ken

We are taking the Portage Glacier tour from Whittier and being dropped at the airport or downtown Anchorage. After that we have friends picking us up for an insiders tour of the area.

....and if you're turning 50 in 2009 you can get a great deal! My husband's transfer from Whittier to Anchorage is free! Try alaska travel dot com - they were very helpful to us and very prompt answering our queries.

DH and I traveled independently after we reached Alaska. We needed to get to the airport to pick up our rental car, so we booked the bus transfer from Whittier to Anchorage. We were on the bus by 7:30 am and at the airport and in our rental car between 10-10:30 am. Princess had our luggage waiting for us at the airport. We thought that we would be much later into Anchorage since we were not on a time table. It was nice to get the day going early. We made it Talkeetna in time for lunch. Have a great time, I wish I was going back to Alaska this summer :o.

We rented a car in Whittier and drove from Whitter to Seward then back up to Anchorage. Spent the night in Seward. It was so nice to be able to get out of the car and stop along the way up to Whitter! Not bad prices either. Dropped the car off at the Airport!

Archived