EUR vs US: Very affordable EUR rates

Dear cruise critics,

don't know why ... obviously RCL is having very affordable EUR rates. So I have just booked a Liberty cruise this november with an exch.rate of 1,71 (current bank rate is 1,31), e.g. inter. cabin is 379EUR vs. 649USD.

Lucky for me ... :D

Did they hedge EUR/USD ??? Or do they try to promote in EU ? For FOS it does not look that interesting, as I did not even compare the currencies with the prices being that much higher than the other 2 freedom class ships.

With this price/rate I could not resist taking a D1 comfort room with balcony , Deck 9 - close to 11 :p

I'll miss Rich(ard Spacey), but maybe I'll experience something new before doing the Oasis... :cool:

Also wanted to post this here, to inform you in case you are able to book through Europe or in EUR somehow. In the past, when it was the other way round - but not so extreme - there were restrictions on the booking through US, which did not allow me to do the USD booking for me (non citizen).

Did not check it on too many cruises yet. Did anybody else find some good / interesting deals ?

Thank you in advance for sharing.

PS Guess in the above price I should also accrue for my weightwatchers course after it :eek:

It is likely that they will look ahead and try to take into account the exchange rate that they think will be in place when you make the payments. Lat year and for a whole before that is was cheaper to book in dollars. They will try and maiximswe bookings and revenues and balalce it with expected exchange rate movements.

(If you look at other time frames you will find that the exchange rate varies a bit).

It is also highly like that are hedging currency as well as fuel, but I haven't checked the annual accounts, so I *may* be wrong.

BTW if you bank is only offering you 1.31 atm shop around, that is a bad rate, the actual exchange rate atm is $1.46, so high street banks rates shouold be around $1.40 ish

@Mydnite:

BTW if you bank is only offering you 1.31 atm shop around, that is a bad rate, the actual exchange rate atm is $1.46, so high street banks rates shouold be around $1.40 ish

I'm not sure if we are on the same page regarding which exchange rate and how to determine the exchange rate ...

I'm talking about the EUR<->USD exchange rate, please compare e.g. also as follows:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EURUSD=X

they will look ahead and try to take into account the exchange rate that they think will be in place when you make the payments

Uh, if the exchange rate would rise up to 1.71, I guess there will be general, major economy problems. Last time, when it went towards 1.40, all major nations tried to bring it down again somehow.

So I can't imaging voting for 1.71 and that's why I assumed that they do some promotion to the EU market.

Have never seens such a drastic benefit the other way round. But maybe I'm not too long monitoring it both ways :D

Archived