I Know Who The Upgrade Fairy Is

Actually there are more than one.

DW called the C&A number the other day to book us on the Radiance when she comes to Tampa in 2010 and she was able to get the corner aft cabin we wanted. We were discussing it yesterday and I asked her if she had told the booking agent to flag our reservation with a "do not upgrade" note as we didn't want to be moved from this cabin. She hadn't so she called back and told the booking agent what we wanted. The agent replied: "I am flagging your reservation in the area reserved for our 'Supervisor's Notes' to let them know that you do not want to be upgraded and that the customer will not take this cruise if they are moved from this cabin." This led to a question from my DW about this procedure and how it worked. The agent told her that the booking supervisors were the only ones who had the authority to move or upgrade passengers and they always checked for any information that might be listed in the 'Supervisors Notes' section before making any changes. So, now we know who the 'Upgrade Fairies' are and if I can just figure out what generates them to spread the Pixie Dust maybe I can use it to our advantage some day..;)

Archived