That's not fun.....

Longboysfan

Subject: Military Training

Please be advised there is currently military aircraft flying over the waterfront area, Jersey City, FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY. No need to evacuate or create alarm. AGAIN, this is for training purposes only.

I don't get it either -- how did you know at 9:30 and everyone else in lower manhattan is crapping in their pants?

btw, the first loop made a u-turn directly over the Dawn as she was opposite the WFC

the next 2 loops were more south and totally buzzed the NJ GS building

Based upon the TV reports, one of the backup Air Force One jets was flying over the Statue of Liberty trailed by fighter jets in order to provide for pictures to be taken. NYC officials knew about the flight.

Based upon the TV reports, one of the backup Air Force One jets was flying over the Statue of Liberty trailed by fighter jets in order to provide for pictures to be taken. NYC officials knew about the flight.

But they never said anything till the training was over.

They could have broken in on the raido and tv and given a heads up at say 9:15AM - before a lot of the buildings evacuated for an hour plus.

I agree it would have been nice to have a warning. We have a Coast Guard base located adjacent to our airport and they have a good bit of aircraft training. Normally they notify the news stations so that no one is alarmed at the increase in military aircraft or whatever maneuvers that they are practicing.

Subject: Military Training

Please be advised there is currently military aircraft flying over the waterfront area, Jersey City, FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY. No need to evacuate or create alarm. AGAIN, this is for training purposes only.

I noticed the Dow Jones dipped at around 10am before recovering.

Scary. Glad it was nothing more than a drill.

Phil

I noticed the Dow Jones dipped at around 10am before recovering.

Scary. Glad it was nothing more than a drill.

Phil

So they say...........

But why would you even do it unless you were looking to get a military response.

Their closest base is 100 miles away.

This thread gave me goose bumps, this coming from a guy who went to grade school in the 50's, when we had duck and cover drills every week.

Wow - I remember those too, but in the '60's. Remember when we were told to get under our little wooden desks? As if that would protect us from nuclear vaporisation...sigh.

OK, sorry to ramble here. Glad it was 'only a drill'.....

Archived