Celebrity Disembarktation Procedure

nitnyleo

How does Celebrity, (Zenith, in particular) organize disembarktation? I'm familiar with the "color" system. But, can you stay in your cabin or do you need to hang out in a public room?

I wouldn't mind being last if I could hang out on the pool deck; but, my previous disembarktations have always been on cold, rainy days.

Can I trade "colors" with pax who don't care if they are the last off the ship?

Recently returned from Zenith Central America out of Jacksonville, and we were allowed to retain our cabins until disembarkation time, which in our case was the last scheduled group at 0950. Breakfast, however, finished earlier than usual - 0830 in the restaurant and 0900 in the buffet.

Here you go! Friends of mine have done this on occaision. Before you leave for your cruise look up an early morning flight for the morning you return. Take down the flight number and time of the flight. When the time comes for filling out your paperwork for return to port you will put this info. on the sheet. You will be one of the first colors called. As long as you have the flight number and time and airline that is all they want. The other way is to book Conceirge Class. We did this on our last cruise and were the first group called! No line, No waiting!

The idea of giving Celebrity incorrect flight information may not work if you are using Celebrity's airport transportation. When we disembarked in Stockholm, Celebrity had us grouped by flight time and airline terminal. The bus took us only to that terminal. Depending on the airport, it might have been difficult and time consuming to be dropped off at the wrong place.

I suppose I could put down phony flight info, even tho I'm driving. Mysteriously, providing phony flight info was a part of my post that I deleted.

But, I'll be happy to stay in my cabin in case the weather is lousy.

Thanks

What about those passengers who really need to disembark early for a legitimate reason? I guess that has no relevance to you, as long as you are not inconvenienced. It is amazing to me how easily dishonesty comes to some people. You can be offended about this if you want to be. To offer advice, and to consider the advice to lie, is simply wrong and shows a absolute lack of character and respect for others.

What about those passengers who really need to disembark early for a legitimate reason? I guess that has no relevance to you, as long as you are not inconvenienced.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that Celebrity only allowed a certain number of pax per color. How many is it? How are they decided? What other secret insights into debarkation can you give us?

I personally have never used the phoney flight information route. We live close enough that we are home in about 3 hours from the time we get off the ship. As long as you are driving or flying on your own it will work. I would not try this if I was using the cruise line for my flight arrangements. As far as others who really need to get off the ship...this is no big deal. The only people that miss flights are those that have bad TA's or schedule their flights themselves and do not plan for a bus ride, luggage claiming etc.

You just have to play the game like everyone else. Try to get off as quick as possible!!!

In August 2003, a friend and I were on Constellation in the Baltic. We had a late disembarkation time (9:30, think) because we were going to London with no flight to worry about.

We were directed to wait in one of the lounges. I went off to the restroom (the public restrooms were an unholy mess that morning) and when I was walking back into the lounge (at 9:30), my friend grabbed me and said it was time to go.

We got down to the luggage holding area and it became clear to me that there was some sort of mistake. No one else with our color was there and there were still a ton of bags there.

We got our bags and left.

I later figured out what happened. My friend, who had never been on a cruise before, saw it was 9:30 and we were scheduled for 9:30, therefore, it was time to go.

However, disembarkation was running really late, and as I looked around at who was grabbing their bags when we were, they had some of the earliest colors.

So, we cheated. Not on purpose. But I still felt guilty.

But I do have to say, it was nice to looking for our bags in a section where no one else was looking. Made it far easier.

But I promise we won't cheat again when we take our Alaskan cruise next summer!

Happy sailing!

Joanie

when we were on Infinity in 2003 they screw up we were suposed to leave at 8:30 they forgot to call our color till 11:00 and they didn't let people stay in cabins we even had a suite we had to sit in the lounge. I would have rather stayed in the room.

About a month ago we was on the Celebrity and we were told to be at a certain lounge at 9:00 am but we got there considerably later than that and our color had already been called. We just sat there and let everyone else go off because some had early flights.etc. We was in NO hurry as we was staying in Ft. Lauderdale and I knew we would NOT be able to check in that early.This is the first time(only two cruise lines) that we actually had to show our passports and ID to get off but it went rather smooth and when we got to the terminal our luggage and one other person's was the only luggage there and so easy to find. I much prefer this to everyone's rush rush I got an early flight?Why?Maybe it was the only flight they could get but I just don't like living on the edge?LOL! Too old I guess!

What about those passengers who really need to disembark early for a legitimate reason? I guess that has no relevance to you, as long as you are not inconvenienced. It is amazing to me how easily dishonesty comes to some people. You can be offended about this if you want to be. To offer advice, and to consider the advice to lie, is simply wrong and shows a absolute lack of character and respect for others.

I agree. On my last cruise on Princess, those with early flights not booked through Princess had to show their tickets or e-tickets to get the early disembarking tags. It meant an extra trip to the Purser's Desk, but we ended up in the second group called. If Celebrity starts getting a higher percentage of their passengers claiming early flights, they may well adopt this policy to ensure those who need early disembaration get it.

This is mostly a mute point, the whole ship is ususally disembarked by 9:30 or 10:00 anymore. We have been a "last call" tag before and have been off the ship within an hour and a half of the "first call" people. You can of course bypass all this by cruising Conceirge Class. This is nice. First Off! Nice perk!

I am also on a timetable...I need to be at home in Pennsylvania at 6AM on the day following the cruise. Why would y'all consider a flight time to be more legitimate than a "need-to-be-on-the-road" time?

That's easy! If you miss your flight, you are at the mercy of the airlines. You may not get another flight out for hours. If a lot of folks miss their flights, you might not get out until the next day. Those who drive are only out the extra time it took to get off the ship. That is, if disembarking is delayed 2 hours, drivers are only delayed 2 hours. Those who miss flights could be delayed up to 24 hours. Those with air face the greater hardship, so those are the ones who are given preference.

I keep forgetting that my timetable includes the shuttle to retrieve my car; the time has yet to be determined.

SueSea, you do have a valid point; and, I'll agree to an extent. But some folks seem to be unrealistic in making their flight arrangements. I'm glad I do not have to worry about making a flight; what a terrible way to end a great vacation.

But if Celebrity's disembartation is as efficient as described, it is a moot point. As I previously wrote, I'll be happy to hang out in my cabin if the weather is lousy. But, I also keep forgetting that smoking is permitted in areas of the public rooms. So, I'm sure I won't have a problem waiting.

Basically, all I wanted to know is if you can stay in your cabin like NCL. Some yes; some no; I guess all find out.

I wish the cruise lines would not necessarily group both the disembarkation times and luggage location with the same color codes. Doesn't make sense to have all the passengers leaving at one time to be crawling over each other in one corner of the luggage room when the majority of the rest of the room is relatively empty.

Seems that they could work out two different systems so that each group disembarking isn't looking for their luggage in the same spot.

• 3 years later...
The other way is to book Conceirge Class. We did this on our last cruise and were the first group called! No line, No waiting!

Ok, so if you are CC class you can pick your disembarkation time? What about our minors that will be in an inside across the hall?

I concur with your observations.

Archived