Celebrity Disembarktation Procedure

nitnyleo

I don't get what the hurry to get off the ship is unless one can't avoid an early flight and is willing to take a chance on it - in which case they have a legitimate need.

Otherwise, why not take it easy. We plan our debarkation mornings to take it easy. There is usually a check-out time posted between 8:30 and 9:30 - if not ask your steward how late you can keep cabin. We usually get up as late as we can and still have time to pack our stuff and go to the dining room for breakfast and get back to our room to pick up our carry on at the check out time. Breakfast in the dining room is much calmer than the buffet on disembarkation day and Celebrity serves there on the last morning unlike some lesser lines. Then we take our time getting off this ship - make the rounds to some of the waiting lounges to say goodbye to friends we've made. Then leave at least 20 minuites or so after our color has been called so that the luggage pick up for our color won't be too crowded. That is about as leisurely and comfortable a pace as one can take the last morning, and while it ain't much it's the best end to a great cruise that we've been able to find. Usually still has us at the airport in plenty of time to catch a 1PM or later flight, and often earlier.

I know when I Disembarked the Century in 2004 and thought the process was awful. A couple of weeks ago on the Millennium I thought it was wonderful until I met the zoo outside because people were already arriving for embarkation. We were last to disembark (scheduled time 10:20 actual time 10:25) we just walked off and through everything with no lines. When we were leaving for breakfast I asked the room steward if we could leave our luggage there and she said yes. I was actually surprised when we came back that the room was already made up for the next set of passengers. Whenever we've left our luggage in the room before the room stewards have never made up the room. So because of that we didn't stay in the room. Although you won't hear announcement you can go just about anywhere on the ship and go to your assigned lounge a little before your assigned time to find out if your color has been called. They also had no problems telling me how they were running when we arrived.

I don't get what the hurry to get off the ship is unless one can't avoid an early flight and is willing to take a chance on it - in which case they have a legitimate need.

Otherwise, why not take it easy. We plan our debarkation mornings to take it easy. There is usually a check-out time posted between 8:30 and 9:30 - if not ask your steward how late you can keep cabin. We usually get up as late as we can and still have time to pack our stuff and go to the dining room for breakfast and get back to our room to pick up our carry on at the check out time. Breakfast in the dining room is much calmer than the buffet on disembarkation day and Celebrity serves there on the last morning unlike some lesser lines. Then we take our time getting off this ship - make the rounds to some of the waiting lounges to say goodbye to friends we've made. Then leave at least 20 minuites or so after our color has been called so that the luggage pick up for our color won't be too crowded. That is about as leisurely and comfortable a pace as one can take the last morning, and while it ain't much it's the best end to a great cruise that we've been able to find. Usually still has us at the airport in plenty of time to catch a 1PM or later flight, and often earlier.

I'm with you, Larry. Why is everyone in such a hurry to get off the ship? We actually missed our color call because we were out on our secret deck on the Mercury calling for a rental car and otherwise just relaxing after our leisurely breakfast in the dining room. Made the luggage very easy to find!

Archived