So I Never Thought That *I* Would Be The Bonehead Who Lost Her PASSPORT.....

VABeach

.... but I just can't seem to find it - anywhere.

They have already isseued e-docs for my trip to everyone else on my roll call, so that reminded me that I really need to do my on-line check-in NOW......

Gee, It was a great idea that I had about not keeping all of my important stuff in the same place together anymore. :cool:

Somebody hand me a sign. *STUPID*

It was an international flight to europe, and I was furious. I looked all over the apartment. Trashing things as I went along. Finally found it.

Try back tracking to when you had it last, and retrace your steps. What was going on that was unusual . . .Anybody distract you?

Thanks. I had to stop and take a "stop panicing" break.

It's not with my old cruise docs. Not with my travel bags from my last cruise. Not with my current cruise docs/papers. Not where my old passport is...... There isn't any other place I would keep it.

I have NEVER lost my passport.

24 days away. Apply for a new one tomorrow, or keep looking for a few more days first???? :(

<arrrgh>

Do you have a safe you might have put it in? Do you have a drawer you put cruise stuff in until the next one? You could always just use your birth certificate, unless you have to fly. Good luck.

Worse case scenario: You can still use your Birth certificate, correct????

Can I still use my birth certificate??? We are flying to San Juan (US territory), and cruising from there.

I *might* still know where my BC is off the top of my head.

What about passport expired less than 1 year?

Sorry. Thanks for all of the advice. :o

We went on the same cruise as you are going on this past February and used our passports. But I do know of some people that used their birth certificates so you're good to go on that if you can find it. Good luck!!!!

How long ago did you have it? Try and retrace your steps. I often find that if go back to exactly what I was doing before forgetting or loosing something, I remember where or what it was.

FOUND IT!! It was in my carry-on bag from my last cruise. That's actually is weird because I have a little carry-on that I keep inside of it that holds all of my travel docs and passport and it wasn't in there.

Sorry about the whole freak out thing here. I appreciate the advice.

Thank you so much. :)

LOL Jenny I have to tell you there are lots of "boneheads" in the world, myself included.

We had just gotten off our ship and were headed home and I dropped my passport out of my purse in the taxi, but didn't realize it till I was at the airport:eek:

Good thing I'm a really friendly person and chat up the cabbies and service people all the time, this good man (who had a LOT of fares waiting for him at the port) took the time to drive back and find me to give it to me.

There are still good people in this world. Oh and one more reason to TIP well and treat others like you want to be treated!!!!

:D

Carole

LOL Jenny I have to tell you there are lots of "boneheads" in the world, myself included.

We had just gotten off our ship and were headed home and I dropped my passport out of my purse in the taxi, but didn't realize it till I was at the airport:eek:

Good thing I'm a really friendly person and chat up the cabbies and service people all the time, this good man (who had a LOT of fares waiting for him at the port) took the time to drive back and find me to give it to me.

There are still good people in this world. Oh and one more reason to TIP well and treat others like you want to be treated!!!!

:D

Carole

Wow. Awesome story! I feel inspired now. :)

FOUND IT!! It was in my carry-on bag from my last cruise. That's actually is weird because I have a little carry-on that I keep inside of it that holds all of my travel docs and passport and it wasn't in there.

Sorry about the whole freak out thing here. I appreciate the advice.

Thank you so much. :)

Glad you found it!

Archived