Carnival Dream- AFT Wrap Questions ?

mr jailerman

I think the noise issue is the main reason for it being an 8 rather than 9, Carnival has no real issue classifying "bad" cabins in a high group.

I have a friend trying to contact a friend who works at the builders to see if he can sneak a couple of pictures of the aft area from a better view.

That would be so awesome, thanks......

I do not care if I have a sofa or not it only gets cluttered with all my junk, I liked having all the window sills , it held everything nicely and looked neater. I think that is the one thing missing on the 9th floor is the extra windows. I looked at the little movie on the Dream site, and kept putting it on pause as the ship was turning, wow I am bad lol....

Well here is the most common picture to be found in the highest quality I have been able to find it(which of course CC murders with their limits). From the looks of it the 9's have door and 2 windows, the 8's a slider and one window.

1799324858_dreamaft.jpg.48078e00278cfacae8d43e3e078ff8e6.jpg

Well here is the most common picture to be found in the highest quality I have been able to find it(which of course CC murders with their limits). From the looks of it the 9's have door and 2 windows, the 8's a slider and one window.

:eek::D Well you have much better eyes then myself, As I can't see any doors from that photo..:D

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/default.aspx?shipCode=DR

This shows the ship as it goes around I keep putting it on pause and looking at it as she turns, I think your right, it also has a huge over hang which will keep the sun off of us. which I do not want ugh..........too late all the wraps are gone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't know, the one thing I am looking at and seriously not liking is the view from any cabin with a balcony, on the aft you have a view of the promenade deck, on the sides you have the promenade deck and life boats.

Hi!

I am a 1st time cruiser sailing on the Dream on 11/23/09 (Thanksgiving)The room I chose was #8389 thinking everyone wanted to be in the middle of the ship...just goes to show how much I know....lol. What do u think and why did u choose the aft of the boat? Do u feel more motion back there? Any help u can give would be greatly appreciated as you can see I do not know anything about cruising....:confused:

Thanks,

Carly's Mom

Yes you will feel more motion the further you get from the middle, but that does not bother us.

We decided to get an aft because, well we got a wrap, it is a corner room (9A)and it has a balcony that goes around the corner, I am describing it very badly, but larger balcony and two different views.

Where your room is is roughly where we normally book on a ship, while there won't be much movement there will be enough to rock you to sleep.

I am also on the 9/11/10 and I took the 8D on the Vista Deck cabin 9472! I don't care about a couch. We had the extended balcony on the Valor last year in one of the L shaped cabins and loved the balcony! We are thrilled to get a wrap around for such a great price. One thing I do like about it being on deck 9 is no one can look DOWN into your balcony and there is a nice overhang so less sun which is fine with me. Can't wait until pictures actually come out showing the details more!

Jetwet1 - Look up from your balcony and wave to us since we are right above your cabin!!!! Hi Neighbor!:D

do not be too sure people cannot look into your cabin on the 9th floor ( mine as well) two years ago we were in the 8th floor on the valor (top) wrap and people on the lido deck could look in. The windows curved just enough to let them see part of our balcony.

I will be going first so I can get all kinds of photos.

2/6/2010

do not be too sure people cannot look into your cabin on the 9th floor ( mine as well) two years ago we were in the 8th floor on the valor (top) wrap and people on the lido deck could look in. The windows curved just enough to let them see part of our balcony.

I will be going first so I can get all kinds of photos.

2/6/2010

thank you, that works.

As you may be able to tell from my signature, if someone wants to look at our balcony, they get more of an eyeful than they bargained for :D

Saying that though, there is a big difference between seeing into the cabin and seeing on to the balcony.

• 1 month later...
A few pictures from johns blog today of the aft balconies.

Thank you for the pictures. I just booked the 9472 wrap around and am having a hard time finding anything about it. The price is incredible and I had to scoop it up....of course, the cruise is not until April 2011....lol. Oh well, lots of time to plan and shop.

I had an aft-wrap around on the Pride last year and it was AMAZING.....HUGE HUGE HUGE balcony. I could fit 40 people on it easily.

I am traveling solo again (3rd cruise) and I would never go any other way.

I also have not seen any reviews of the Dream.....have you?

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
I am so confused about that deck 8 what are you not seeing or seeing that makes you thing it is not a wrap. .

I love that photo, I know have it on my screen back ground

The thing a few of us are seeing is what looks like a wrap is actually 8462 (port) or 8469 (Starboard) which are the 8C which also have larger balconies.

From the pictures we have found it looks like the 9A balconies stop before the wrap around. Now I am saying that they are 9A's due to the door the 2 windows which the 8C's on the side also have, all very confusing.

As ever the deck plans don't even come close to showing what is actually there, but that is pretty much a given when it comes to Carnival.

Archived