Just off Grandeur

We're leaving on the Grandeur on December 24th.

Was the ship nicely decorated for Xmas. What was your itinerary. How did you find the islands... was there any visible damage from the hurricane.

Any info would be great

Fa

jcoco - I don't drink beer but I believe it was $3.25 for a can. The mixed drink of the day was $3.25. All others were around $5-6. They are always trying to sell the different souvenir glasses as well. The food was good but I like anything that I don't have to cook.

fa - Yes, they decorated the ship for Christmas and it was really nice. They have lots of decorated trees throughout the ship. We went to Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Costa Maya. Cozumel and Costa Maya had no damage but GC was heavily damaged. There are still people living in shelters. I will be posting my pictures soon and will attach a link.

Dawn

JandCGray - The cruise that left this week went to Key West instead of GC. GC is still in pretty bad shape but they are grateful that the ships are coming back. Not sure where you will be going but I'm sure RCI will let you know ahead of time.

Truffles2 - Stingray city was awesome. When we got arrived at the sandbar only a few small boats were there. They are so soft and gentle. I got to hold a baby. It was one of the best excursions every.

Bemarshall - Our weather was great. A little cold leaving and arriving NO but the other days were about 90-95 degrees. It rained in Costa Maya for an hour or so but other than that it was great. I thought the seas were very calm.

Did you hear anything about other groups on the Grandeur getting to go to GC, we are supposed to go and we cruise Dec. 11 but I read on here that we might not be going, being we leave on Sat. I'd like to know soon.
JandCgray...I spoke to RCI this week and we are scheduled to be in Grand Cayman during our cruise.

Looking forward to meeting everyone...see you soon!!!!

I have 2 questions:

1) Do you know if the Vicking Crown is open after muster?

2) If you have dinner in the Windjamer is it buffet or menu waiter service. When we were onthe Grandeur in 1999 it was sit down, white table cloth, menu and waiter service, I was hoping that had not changed.

Thanks

Jean

1. Not sure what time Viking Crown opens on the first day. My guess is that it would be open.

2. I didn't eat dinner in the Windjammer so I can't help you there. I do know that they were putting table clothes on the tables after the afternoon snacks.

Dawn

• 3 weeks later...

Archived