Soda Fountain Card VS Ice Cream Card

subwife81

Hi all,

I was reading a lot on the message boards about the Soda card and then about the ice cream card. Some said that only kids could get the ice cream card. So, I called our Princess TA today to ask. This is what he said (and updated prices for everyone)

The "Soda Fountain Card" is $4.25/pd + 15% added gratituity Soda Fountain package-free soda mug, unlimited dispense of coke,diet coke, sprite, diet sprite, tonic and soda water.

The Ice Cream card is formally called the, "Kids Package"

It can be purchased for $9/day + 15% gratuity totaling $10.35/day pp All adults can get this package, they just have to ask.You purchase it on the first day at the Sundaes Bar on the Lido Deck.

The "kids package" includes the Soda Package PLUS soft serve ice cream, hot chocolate all over the ship/ free juices/mocktails and a whirly straw.

So, for about $5/ more a day, you can get all the soda you can drink, plus ice cream and a lot more options for drinks. I think my dh and I are going to get one kids package and one soda package-that way if one of us wants hot chocolate or juice we can get it, plus ice cream if we crave it.

FYI, the Princess TA could not find it when I asked for the "ice cream package" because it is under the kids menu, but the fine print says that anyone is allowed to get it!

This helped me with the confusion, and I hope it helps others as well! :)

Hi all,

I was reading a lot on the message boards about the Soda card and then about the ice cream card. Some said that only kids could get the ice cream card. So, I called our Princess TA today to ask. This is what he said (and updated prices for everyone)

The "Soda Fountain Card" is $4.25/pd + 15% added gratituity Soda Fountain package-free soda mug, unlimited dispense of coke,diet coke, sprite, diet sprite, tonic and soda water.

The Ice Cream card is formally called the, "Kids Package"

It can be purchased for $9/day + 15% gratuity totaling $10.35/day pp All adults can get this package, they just have to ask.You purchase it on the first day at the Sundaes Bar on the Lido Deck.

The "kids package" includes the Soda Package PLUS soft serve ice cream, hot chocolate all over the ship/ free juices/mocktails and a whirly straw.

So, for about $5/ more a day, you can get all the soda you can drink, plus ice cream and a lot more options for drinks. I think my dh and I are going to get one kids package and one soda package-that way if one of us wants hot chocolate or juice we can get it, plus ice cream if we crave it.

FYI, the Princess TA could not find it when I asked for the "ice cream package" because it is under the kids menu, but the fine print says that anyone is allowed to get it!

This helped me with the confusion, and I hope it helps others as well! :)

Just understand that the free ice cream is not the hard kind that is scooped. It's only the soft serve type from their machine.

But remember..ice cream is free, after dinner in the dining room..and it's also free to make your own sundae, in the Horizon court, between 3:30 and 4:30..(not sure if this is the correct time):D

What sold me on it was the mocktails and the unlimited juice. I am most likely (crossing fingers) going to be pg at the time, and I want a few more options than sprite. This way, I can still enjoy the fruity drinks without the alcohol, and get all my vitamin C! No scurvy for me! ;)

What sold me on it was the mocktails and the unlimited juice. I am most likely (crossing fingers) going to be pg at the time, and I want a few more options than sprite. This way, I can still enjoy the fruity drinks without the alcohol, and get all my vitamin C! No scurvy for me! ;)

Go for it!!:)

The "kids package" includes the Soda Package PLUS soft serve ice cream, hot chocolate all over the ship/ free juices/mocktails and a whirly straw...

:)

Golly, I'd get the kids package for just that special "whirly straw!" How else am I going to get one of those?!? ;)

Seriously, I like soft serve ice cream better than some of the hard ice creams they serve on the ships. The last Princess cruise we were on earlier this month (Coral, full-transit Panama Canal), every day from 3:30 to 4:30 behind the Horizon Buffet one of the two selections served was a frozen whipped cream ice cream with barely any flavor to it. In my opinion, that ice cream is great if it is blended with candy (like Heath or Butter Fingers), but with just nuts it is too bland. Give me soft serve vanilla instead please! :)

Archived