?? for NJ'ers re: Hotel

PaminOhio and Trouble- We booked through Priceline.com 3* Secaucus and received the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands for $45 per night , two rooms, total with tax was $109.62 for the two rooms. I looked for days for something affordable near Parsippany thinking that my drive from Ohio would carry me through that area. I finally talked to my father in law who used to drive semi from Newark and he said that the Secaucus area was fine and a lot safer than on the other side of the river. Our hotel has a view of the Manhattan skyline, 3 miles or so away, is only 15 minutes from the port, bus service to NYC in front of the hotel and the hotel does have a parking program available to Royal Caribbean passengers. We don't know if we will be able to take advantage of it since we booked through Priceline but we thought we would at least ask. There is also a restaurant on the premises for Sunday morning pre-cruise breakfast. I've already spoke to the Concierge desk at the hotel and they were more than helpful in assisting me to find a place for my mom in laws Sunday Mass. I also asked for the two rooms to be close together and they said that they would be more than happy to give us adjoining rooms. The reviews for this hotel are pretty good and the rate quoted on the website was $159-$209 per night, per room. I figure since I only need it for one night it at least has what I need to get a few hours of sleep and a shower after driving in the car for 8 plus hours. More than I could ask for for $45

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

Jersey Garden Hotels are about 1 year old. I know its a Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriot. For a night it would be fine. The mall is walking distance and a bunch of places to eat and a multiplex.

VOS730

[This message was edited by pingman on 05-04-04 at 10:13 PM.]

dfritz:

I knew I read about someone getting that hotel for cheap! I think I'll try priceline for just that area and only three stars. If I'm not successful, then we'll just stay in PA.

Thanks!!

Pam

until Voyager

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

also -- near Parsippany (if you're looking in that area) are a couple of hotels on Route 10 (1 is a Courtyard) in Hanover or East Hanover. Also a new hotel (Westminster) -- which will probably be listed as Livingston, there is also a Ramada close by there.

Might also consider something in Morristown. But I can't say anything about the hotels. The Governer Morris (Westin) is an older place.

A great B&B is Les Saisons in Maplewood, NJ, as another option.

/p

Thanks for the info dfritz...I got the Crowne also for 45.00 bidding three stars in Secaucus.

I spoke to the hotel and they will not give any kind of free parking while on the cruise. Their package is 145.00 but since we're only cruising for five nights, it's not a deal since parking at the pier is only 60.00 and I've seen this hotel on other sites for 89.00.

Anyway...I'm glad I have finally made up my mind where to stay! And, with priceline, it's not like I can cancel w/o losing money so my decision is made.

Pam

until Voyager

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

there is a lot of hotels right around the newark airport area, mariott very nice.....they are a short distance from cruise port new jersey, pier is about 4 miles once you get ont new jersey turnpike and get off at exit 14A.

pier area is huge.

Archived