STILL no Nativeway Pictures...

littlebird00

We did the RRR tour on March 12th 2009, and still have not recieved the pictures we paid forty dollars for. I emailed Nativeway about a week ago, and she told me that the photographers are from a different company, and sent the email to them. They wrote me back and said that the pictures must have got lost in mail, and asked for my address to re-send them. I have no idea how they are going to do that, since the pictures were on a disk, but whatever. I sent them another email yesterday asking if they sent it out, and they have not responded.

I really would like my money back, but I don't know if that is possible. I would just advise everyone to beware of this when paying $40 for pictures you might never get :(

We bought the picture disk with our first trip with NativeWay in 2007...not sure what company the lady was with but it did take some time to receive the disk. I did not even like any of the pictures she took. They were all taken at akward moments and mostly of the other people on our tour. I actually got better pictures with my disposable underwater camera.

I absolutely love Native Way, but I would never purchase the pictures again.

Hopefully you will receive your pictures soon! And I hope yours come out better than ours did!

Keep in mind that mail from Cayman to Canada/US takes about 3 weeks...plus customs delays if it's a parcel rather than just a postcard or letter. Things may just be delayed somewhat...stay hopeful. (And the Nativeways people may not realize how long it takes. I know the people at the Cayman post offices are always surprised when I mention it.)

Let's explore the potential timeline. If your trip was March 12, and say it took a week to make the CD, that would mean they probably mailed it around March 19. Giving a standard time of about 3 weeks, that would mean the earliest your CD could have gotten there is around April 9. Add an extra week at customs, bringing it to April 16, and it's entirely likely that the CD isn't _that_ late. Yes, it's late, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If they burned another CD and sent it out, repeat the above timeline from whatever date you contacted them, and that should give you an approximate ETA for the new CD.

Mail service from Cayman is brutally slow. Whenever I send postcards to friends or relatives, I'm always home for a couple of weeks before the postcards arrive at their destination. Bills sent to us from Cayman usually arrive well after the due date. :confused: Other mail seems to be just as slow. I don't know where in the chain the problem occurs, but I'm getting used to it. I just don't try to mail anything time-sensitive... :D

Thank you for all the information. But when I contacted them, they were very quick to respond to tell me that it got lost in the mail. They said they would send another one, and asked for my address. I gave it to them, this was over a week ago. I sent an email Monday asking if they mailed another one, and I haven't gotten a response.

We did the RRR tour on March 12th 2009, and still have not recieved the pictures we paid forty dollars for. I emailed Nativeway about a week ago, and she told me that the photographers are from a different company, and sent the email to them. They wrote me back and said that the pictures must have got lost in mail, and asked for my address to re-send them. I have no idea how they are going to do that, since the pictures were on a disk, but whatever. I sent them another email yesterday asking if they sent it out, and they have not responded.

I really would like my money back, but I don't know if that is possible. I would just advise everyone to beware of this when paying $40 for pictures you might never get :(

Thats interesting cuz we were there April 3rd and we had our pictures before we left the boat. We got a disc with the pictures burned on it. We paid 50 bucks for it. Pricey, for sure, but the pictures were great. I'm thinking... I could do that. Easy money.

We have used Sharon-Nativeway on three separate occassions and received the photo disc right then and there all three times. What is the name of the "outside" photo company that is handling your photos?

The name is VIP Productions. I assumed the photographer was part of Nativeway but he was not, I found this out when I emailed Nativeway. I still haven't recieved a response from them. I am considering the money gone, and not anticipating getting the disk. There were about 8 other people that also paid for pictures, I wonder if they got theirs.

icon1.gif

stingrays002.jpg

stingrays001.jpg

Ok....and Annie was correct....my daughter knew exactly how to transfer the pictures....(photo bucket or something). Anyway, here are my girls Shannon (on the right) & Kyra (on the left) enjoying swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman:D!..It really was beautiful....the rays were wonderful, graceful creatures. And, as I said, when we started to feed them squid, the rays were EVERYWHERE......Loved it!!!

Then it was snorkeling on the reef and lunch at Rum Pointe Beach......Absolutely fantastic day hosted by Native Way Watersports!!! Highly recommended!!!

I was given the picture disc before I got off the boat! Something's wrong with your situation!...Sorry!

I just received another email from Sharon. Not everyone recieves the pictures the same day. It depends on the boat apparently. Here is the email:

Hi Lauren,

First, thank you for your follow up on this. I am sincerely sorry you had

trouble with VIP Productions. I have contacted the owner and will get a

resolution for you within 24 hours.

FYI, we use our own photographer for one of our boats (you get the CD the

same day). We also use VIP Productions for the other boats. VIP had a

great reputation and is used by some of the top dive and snorkel companies

on the island. We selected them based on the quality of their photos and

their professionalism. I am VERY unhappy with VIP poor service to you and

have put them on notice.

Again, my sincere apologies. I will get your pictures soon.

Best Regards,

Sharon

I would still use them again, she has been VERY quick to respond, I just wouldn't buy any pictures that I don't receive the same day. Too much can go wrong :(

I'll ask about them and see what their rep is on the island.. Is there anyway that you can just have the pictures emailed to you or even placed in a shutterfly/snapfish type account?

Thank you for your help. If Sharon does not get a response out of them I will try this. Its a good idea I never thought of :D

When we went in February we didn't receive ours on the spot either. (RR&RP tour also)

Would be nice to get that on every boat, if it is offered on one.

The address that you get your picture disk from, I believe is in the US.

(Houston area, if I remember correctly.)

I can't find mine at the moment. (was hoping there was still a postmark on the disk package)

Hope you get yours soon.

Bill

They just responded to me and said that the disk for the day I was there is corrupt, and offered to refund me the money on my credit card. I asked for them to just give me a money order instead, to which he responded that he would send it out as soon as possible. They are also sending a disk with pictures of the Cayman Islands, which is cool I guess :confused:, I wish we could have had our pictures, but at least they are offering a refund.

They just responded to me and said that the disk for the day I was there is corrupt, and offered to refund me the money on my credit card. I asked for them to just give me a money order instead, to which he responded that he would send it out as soon as possible. They are also sending a disk with pictures of the Cayman Islands, which is cool I guess :confused:, I wish we could have had our pictures, but at least they are offering a refund.

That's too bad....sorry!:(

Archived