How should lines compensate Mexico travelers?

What should cruise lines offer Mexico passengers? (Choose all that apply.)  

4,447 members have voted

1. 1. What should cruise lines offer Mexico passengers? (Choose all that apply.)

• Easy rebooking options (for those who haven’t sailed yet).
    • No-penalty cancellation options (for those who haven’t sailed yet).
    • Shipboard credit (for those who’ve already embarked).
    • Open bars onboard (for those who’ve already embarked).
    • Full or partial refunds (for those who’ve already embarked).
    • Credit toward a future cruise (for those who’ve already embarked).
    • None of the above.
    • Something else, which I'll post.

Here is the reply we recaived from Carnival for for April 27 Ecstasy cruise ti nowhere.

051209_int_Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gif 051209_int_Header_TopRight_Blue.gif

May 14, 2009

Dear Guest, I want to take this opportunity to welcome you home and to thank you for sailing with us on the April 27th sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy.

I realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and I sincerely regret we were not able to deliver the itinerary of your choice. The H1N1 influenza situation occurring in Mexico escalated quickly and the CDC advisory issued at 7:00 pm on Monday, April 27th left us with no alternative but to take immediate action and cancel the port calls in Mexico.

I empathize with your disappointment and want to extend my sincere apologies for this disruption to your vacation. I recognize many of you were unhappy with the manner in which we handled this situation. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we regret we did not meet your expectations in this regard. I want to assure you, however, that we made our decisions with your best interests in mind given our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and crew. Considerable time was spent by my team researching port substitutions. Regrettably there were no other viable ports of calls available to us.

I now realize these changes had a more substantial impact on your cruise experience than I had anticipated, and it was not the memorable vacation we had hoped to provide. We value our relationship with you and hope we can win back your confidence. We would welcome the opportunity of having you sail with us again and hope you will accept our offer of a 50% cruise fare discount on a future 3 to 5 day vacation, departing before December 2010.

Please make your reservations in your usual manner and inform your agent (or Carnival) of the discount at the time of reservation.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for choosing Carnival and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on one of our ships.

Sincerely,

gcahill3.jpg

Gerry Cahill

President & CEO

NOTE: Discount is non transferable, may be combined with other Carnival promotional fares and cannot be used in lieu of deposit. Discount does not apply to airfare, transfers, Cruise Vacation Protection Plan, gratuities, government fees and departure taxes. Not valid with full chartered sailings

Here is the reply we recaived from Carnival for for April 27 Ecstasy cruise ti nowhere.

051209_int_Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gif 051209_int_Header_TopRight_Blue.gif

May 14, 2009

Dear Guest, I want to take this opportunity to welcome you home and to thank you for sailing with us on the April 27th sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy.

I realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and I sincerely regret we were not able to deliver the itinerary of your choice. The H1N1 influenza situation occurring in Mexico escalated quickly and the CDC advisory issued at 7:00 pm on Monday, April 27th left us with no alternative but to take immediate action and cancel the port calls in Mexico.

I empathize with your disappointment and want to extend my sincere apologies for this disruption to your vacation. I recognize many of you were unhappy with the manner in which we handled this situation. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we regret we did not meet your expectations in this regard. I want to assure you, however, that we made our decisions with your best interests in mind given our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and crew. Considerable time was spent by my team researching port substitutions. Regrettably there were no other viable ports of calls available to us.

I now realize these changes had a more substantial impact on your cruise experience than I had anticipated, and it was not the memorable vacation we had hoped to provide. We value our relationship with you and hope we can win back your confidence. We would welcome the opportunity of having you sail with us again and hope you will accept our offer of a 50% cruise fare discount on a future 3 to 5 day vacation, departing before December 2010.

Please make your reservations in your usual manner and inform your agent (or Carnival) of the discount at the time of reservation.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for choosing Carnival and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on one of our ships.

Sincerely,

gcahill3.jpg

Gerry Cahill

President & CEO

NOTE: Discount is non transferable, may be combined with other Carnival promotional fares and cannot be used in lieu of deposit. Discount does not apply to airfare, transfers, Cruise Vacation Protection Plan, gratuities, government fees and departure taxes. Not valid with full chartered sailings

Kudos to Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill for realizing the value of a customer and doing the RIGHT THING!! :D

Now that Princess and Carnival are BOTH giving their passengers 50% off a future cruise, I hope that RCI will see the errors of their ways and do the same!! :mad:

Kudos to Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill for realizing the value of a customer and doing the RIGHT THING!! :D

Now that Princess and Carnival are BOTH giving their passengers 50% off a future cruise' date=' I hope that RCI will see the errors of their ways and do the same!! :mad:[/color']

Good for Carnival...

We have never heard them but with all the "good" we hear about them lately we may just book and try something over their 7 dayer. Have heard you get away from the party crowd on a 14= day cruise with them. Have also heard the food is great.

Looks like they are taking some very positive steps towards customer appreciation. Good call for them since we all have so much to choose from anymore.

I think RCCL has gotten way to arrogant in there customer loyalty beliefs...

They will have to catch on or continue to lose a lot of loyal customers, I'm betting on they will come around...

FYI: Received an online survey from RCCL on our upcoming Mexico cruise. My impression was they are trying to do the "numbers" on how many they will tick off and how far they can push the envelope as far as what they will compensate to missed cruises. It was a very interesting number crunching survey... I think they may be gambling a bit to much and pushing that envelope a bit far, time will tell...

When you have to survey your customers to make a decision on "maybe what can we get away with" is a bit far. I'd like to believe they did it to see what we really wanted but I didn't feel that and the same with others that I have talked too about the survey.

Good try RCCL!

Good for Carnival...

We have never heard them but with all the "good" we hear about them lately we may just book and try something over their 7 dayer. Have heard you get away from the party crowd on a 14= day cruise with them. Have also heard the food is great.

Looks like they are taking some very positive steps towards customer appreciation. Good call for them since we all have so much to choose from anymore.

I think RCCL has gotten way to arrogant in there customer loyalty beliefs...

They will have to catch on or continue to lose a lot of loyal customers, I'm betting on they will come around...

FYI: Received an online survey from RCCL on our upcoming Mexico cruise. My impression was they are trying to do the "numbers" on how many they will tick off and how far they can push the envelope as far as what they will compensate to missed cruises. It was a very interesting number crunching survey... I think they may be gambling a bit to much and pushing that envelope a bit far, time will tell...

When you have to survey your customers to make a decision on "maybe what can we get away with" is a bit far. I'd like to believe they did it to see what we really wanted but I didn't feel that and the same with others that I have talked too about the survey.

Good try RCCL!

Excellent post, Johnny-C!!! :D :D :D

My friend Isabella and Carmela just got back on the Legend last week the carnival one. they told us today at dinner that Carnival did not give them back their money from the excursion to swim with the dolphins, they got only a 20.00 credit on board, so she is complaining to American Express tomorrow when she goes back to work. She works for AE and they will probably fight with them, they did not go to the island of Roatan too because of all the fighting there they called it the Unrest.

So for 2 days they were out to sea, and again out to see for 2 more days and 2 days in grand cayman. but all the tours there were booked up so they received no compensation.

I would do if they do this correctly. IS issue half of the money back to the ones who traveled who paid 800.00 pp for 7 days and give them a credit back to their credit cards of 400.00 each person, if not then a voucher for a Free Cruise to anywhere they go for 7 days. to me that is just as good.

IF I spent 800.00 a person for a cruise and then spent additional 200.00 more for a swim with dolphins excusion and you did not send me there I would want my money back too.

A war would have gone out to them. I know my friends are that way.

Well they should compensate the people. Me on the other hand I do not like Mexico i will never go back but My darling sisters want to go back there soon , i will rest on the ship in july.

But I do think we should wait and see what RCI will do for their passengers who were affected by the itinerary changes. Princess and Carnival have both stepped up and did the right thing for their passengers by giving them 50% off their next cruise.

Now is the time for RCI to do the same and show us that they want us to remain "Loyal to Royal".

But I do think we should wait and see what RCI will do for their passengers who were affected by the itinerary changes. Princess and Carnival have both stepped up and did the right thing for their passengers by giving them 50% off their next cruise.

Now is the time for RCI to do the same and show us that they want us to remain "Loyal to Royal".

Princess may have done something for the Mexico only folks but we missed 5 ports in Mexico on a 19 day Los Angeles-Mexico-Central America trip and we got NADA.

They added one port in Nicaragua and big whoop...San Diego' date=' where I live. Oh and the Wi-Fi went out on day two and they did not fix it.[/size']

My DH and I had been booked since last year on a Carnival cruise which left on Monday for GC and Cozumel. He was concerned about going and missing an Alaskan trip next week. I kept saying...."we can't cancel and lose our money, hold tight. They have to make the call"....we held tight. We were offered 2 options...continue and stay 2 days in GC or cancel, get entire amount as credit on future cruise...DUH!!! that was a no-brainer. We actually got the entire fee we paid, part was given back as a credit on the CC bill and a the remainder as a credit for a future sailing through the end of 2010. Carnival thank you thank you. I feel like we really lucked out on that situation. :)

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I were on the Westerdam sailing...Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego...16 day sailing of the 21 day re positioning cruise. we were caught in this "swine flu virus ordeal" I have sent an email to HAL, have not received a reply, this was the worst cruise experience...however it was on HAL, and the prior was HAL in Alaska, we experienced a fuel spill in the engine room, ,and it basically filled our cabin, (OV) HAL gave us a future cruise credit, not a refund, and we decided on this trip...what a disaster and we have not heard from HAL from the email, that I have sent twice...this was not in HAL control...however, there are many that have been given ship board credits, and future credits towards the next cruise..I feel we were out to sea, not able to "reach out"to our family, or needed friends, to let them know we were "OK" it costs us in Internet and cell phone bills over 150.00 that we were not willing or counting on spending...this is not right...HAL/CARNIVAL SHOULD HAVE LEAST GIVEN A DISCOUNT ON THESE SERVICES...

IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM HAL, THEY WILL LOOSE TO OCEANIA,CRYSTAL OR WHOEVER I DEEM GIVE BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE..

Now that Princess and Carnival are BOTH giving their passengers 50% off a future cruise' date=' I hope that RCI will see the errors of their ways and do the same!! :mad:[/color']

Archived