What is the silliest souvenier you have from a cruise

Fran110

When we went to Egypt in 2007, I bought a chicken thing that looks like a bat n ball paddle with wooden chickens on top. The chickens have strings attached them with a ball under the bat. When you swing the ball in a circle, the chickens move up and down like they're pecking at feed. I bought one for my grandson, and when my SIL told me she thought it was the dumbest thing she ever saw, I bought another one. I keep that one on my desk at work. It's a great stress reliever!

ROFLMAO - and you're a (shy) female? Just kidding - Chick.

Why yes I am.

Vendors near the ship were trying to sell various sizes to my daughter (16 at the time) and I. DH had stayed on the ship. We managed to resist.

In Ocho Rios in the flea market, DW purchased a two-part statuette of a man. The body was about 12" tall, and the removeable, um, _part_ was life-sized. :eek::rolleyes:

I keep asking her where she wants it displayed....:cool:

Ok, now I don't feel funny sharing mine.

In Grand Cayman there's a rum company named after a pirate called Big Black Dick. They sold several souvenir items besides the rum. I bought a shotglass for a gentleman friend of mine who doesn't drink but he's 6'2", dark-skinned black, and extremely proud of that certain part of his anatomy (justifiably so I might add). Never before has there been such a *perfect* gift for someone, lol!

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

In Ocho Rios in the flea market, DW purchased a two-part statuette of a man. The body was about 12" tall, and the removeable, um, _part_ was life-sized. :eek::rolleyes:

At Expo 86, Cook Islands had a small display of 'art', and, as I recall the piece above would have fitted in very well to fifty percent of the statues displayed.

john

• 4 weeks later...
When we went to Egypt in 2007, I bought a chicken thing that looks like a bat n ball paddle with wooden chickens on top. The chickens have strings attached them with a ball under the bat. When you swing the ball in a circle, the chickens move up and down like they're pecking at feed. I bought one for my grandson, and when my SIL told me she thought it was the dumbest thing she ever saw, I bought another one. I keep that one on my desk at work. It's a great stress reliever!

the monkey bank drink that costs us 25.00 with one drink that had no alcohol in it. We were taken

I bought one too, in Negril Village Beach Resort in 1983. I have the same one, and its a show piece when guests come to my house. IT looks like a monk on the outside, the other side is a mans private part. I put it as the monk when guests come to visit that are silly and funny I turn it around they think its a candle and try to light it up. The last one got burned down, cause it was a candle but this one i made sure when we went back it was not a candle. I wanted a long wooden one and I got a monk instead. mom:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Do bed bugs count as "silly"??? :rolleyes:

EWWWW!!

Silliest we got was the gold plastic ship trophy for being in the married couples contest, we were on the Valor and it says the Valor but once home with it and got to looking its a replica of the Legend

DH and I are cornhole enthusiasts. (Cornhole = Bag-O - the game you play with two wooden boards with a central hole and bean bags. The object is to toss the bean bag into the hole.) Cornhole (as we play it today) was invented in my state, so we've practiced A LOT (tailgate parties, backyard cookouts, pool gatherings, you name it - we play Cornhole). DH is VERY skilled at the game.

We were on a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Legend of the Seas. Dan and I signed up for the Cornhole / Baggo tournament. It ended up being an International affair as each team (of 2) was all from different countries. It was DH and I from the USA, a team from England, a team from Scotland, a team from Canada, a team from the Dominican Republic, a team from Germany, and a team from Brazil.

It wasn't even close. At one point, Dan (DH) leaned over and said "maybe we better start missing them on purpose..." It was HILARIOUS. People started gathering and cheering, like a football (soccer) game. People colored little pictures of country flags on bar napkins and waved them.

At the end, they announced us as winners and gave us two of the infamous ROYAL CARIBBEAN KEY CHAINS, but SOMEWHERE they had gotten red, white, and blue striped ribbon and hung the keychain from that, like an Olympic medal. Then they hung them around our necks. Some people started humming the National Anthem. It was the funniest thing ever.

To this day, those ribboned keychains hang in a place of honor on my living room wall with a framed picture of Dan and I being "medaled" on a cruise ship.

• 2 weeks later...

In a thread in "Ask a cruise question", many feel saving our cruise cards is silly. I like keeping my though, silly or not. I love to pull them out and say to friends-"see, I have been on this many cruises."

• 5 weeks later...

My silliest souvenier has to be the Budweiser beer can. We ordered a couple of buds by the pool on our first day and were amazed by them, tall, red black and gold, fanciest bud can we ever saw, had to keep one for china cabinet.:D

• 4 weeks later...
In a thread in "Ask a cruise question", many feel saving our cruise cards is silly. I like keeping my though, silly or not. I love to pull them out and say to friends-"see, I have been on this many cruises."

This is not silly momofmeg I do it too and I'am proud to say that I have sailed 6 times in 4 years (soon to be 7).

5 on RCCL and one with Carnival (never again). I'm thinking of framing them or putting them under glass on my desk.

I too am the recipient of a "solid gold plastic ship-on-a-stick". This trophy itself is not nearly as silly as the way I won it.

I was participating in a scavenger hunt on the Triumph and was doing rather well with just the items in my purse - I was tied with another passenger when the emcee announced the final item - worth double points - a set of false teeth!

Hubby spit his out!

I've bought a lot of stuff that now I wonder what ever possessed me. I guess the silliest momento is something that didn't cost me a dime, but I wouldn't throw away for anything. On a Panama Canal cruise twenty years ago, we did a ship's shore excursion in Costa Rica. The tour guide rambled on and on with facts about Costa Rica geography, history etc on the hour long bus ride to the place where we got into canoes. Once there, he asked, "Who knows how many provinces there are in Costa Rica." I was half asleep, but I raised my hand and said, "Seven." I was right, and he gave me a little origami sort of grasshopper he had made out of reeds or something. I still have it. I great reminder of that trip. I bought some things in stores, but my little grasshopper still reminds me of our transit through the Panama Canal.

I too am the recipient of a "solid gold plastic ship-on-a-stick". This trophy itself is not nearly as silly as the way I won it.

I was participating in a scavenger hunt on the Triumph and was doing rather well with just the items in my purse - I was tied with another passenger when the emcee announced the final item - worth double points - a set of false teeth!

Hubby spit his out!

LMOA! I about died when I read this.

My dad also has one of the gold/plastic trophies from our last cruise. He won it playing trivia.

First place...

of course, we were the only ones playing... :rolleyes:

Archived