Question regarding Island Princess

makai 7

We are on the Feb 3 Island Princess cruise to Hawaii and have not had much luck getting an answer to this question. I'm hoping someone who has been on the ship recently can help out...We have never cruised on Princess before.

Does the photo shop offer a service to transfer digital photos from memory cards onto CD-Rom (or DVD-Rom)? If they do, do you remember how much they charge?

I understand that they have digital photo classes as part of their programming. Do they permit people to use the computers when they do not have classes? Do the computers have CD-RW or DVD-RW drives? I am thinking that if I bring my USB-card reader adapter and some recordable CDs or DVDs I could download my photos myself.

Thanks for any and all info!

I know they have digital photo services. I looked into it before sailing on her last year and the price was a little high it seemed.(don't recall exactly). Anyway I decided it was easier to just buy another memory card and download it all when I got home.

I'm pretty sure you can't download them yourself on the ship.

Scott

You cannot use either the computer class computers or the internet computers to download photos (or for any other private use). If you take the Adobe Photo Elements classes (as I did) you cannot use your own photos. You learn on photos they have already loaded into the computers.

You can get your photos on CD-ROM from the photo shop for $9.99. There is a service where you can download several times during the trip and then get one CD at the end of the trip. I didn't use this as one of my memory cards holds over 140 photos, and I have 4 of them. Be sure you aren't using the maximum resolution setting on your digital camera unless you really need it. Unless you are printing photos bigger than 8"X10" most people don't need this, and it really eats up memory. Use the setting that gives you about 1400 X 1000 pixels and you should do fine.

Thank you for the information. The person I spoke to on the phone at Princess could not find any information about this.

We have several memory cards but at least we know that for cheap money we can download them on CD-Rom.

We were on the Island from 10-21 to 11-5. They have a service to transfer digital media to CD. you can not use their computers to do it yourself. I had my laptop with me and did all the transfers on that, including pics from friends cameras

Archived