Has anyone cruised western carib. in August?

luckyeddie777

I am thinking of switching my cruise from May to Aug. because of this swine flu outbreak:eek:. Has anyone ever taken a cruise in August? How is the weather, is this hurricane or rain season there? any help would sure be appreciated.

:)

We cruised the W.C. once and OMG ... it was so hot! The excursions were miserable because of the heat. My son packed a day bag since we were spending the day at Xcaret and we heard hissing coming from it. His can of deodorant exploded from the heat!

It was a memory though ... it was our kids first cruise and that one cruise was enough to get them hooked!

We did the Carnival Liberty a few yesrs ago in late August/early September. We went to Key West, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman. We had no rain the entire cruise. Seas very super smooth and it was HOT in the ports! I would do it again though. :)

.....last August/September. It was hot but the weather was great. We're doing Cozumel and Progresso this year during the same time frame.

We like to sail during hurricane season. You never know where you might end up.

;)

wasiii

.....last August/September. It was hot but the weather was great. We're doing Cozumel and Progresso this year during the same time frame.

We like to sail during hurricane season. You never know where you might end up.

;)

wasiii

That's true , it's always a surprise where you will end up.

We cruised on the Glory Aug 30 - Sept 6 last year - we missed a port because of a hurricane we were dodging but the cruise was fantastic! Cheaper rates too for that season I believe! We are going on the Valor the same week this year Western Carib

Hello!

I have cruised in August and September (booked for this September as well) and so far has never been an issue! (Fingers Crossed :D) The weather is still very hot and so far never so muched as rained during the day. I love going in late summer or fall. :)

We sailed to Cozumel and Grand Cayman August 2008 and it was HOT!!! The lido deck was so hot you couldn't walk on it barefoot. We weren't far from Hurricane Fay. She made the waters a little rough and caused our 2 ports to swap days. We didn't get any rain except when were embarking in Tampa.

We go to the Caribbean every August. We were in Grand Cayman August 9-16th last year and it was beautifull. Perfect weather, water temp, awesome! The night before we left, there was a storm out in the ocean and we could see it but we were not effected at all.

We have also traveled to the Caribbean in December, I haven't really noticed a difference in heat between August and December.

We are booked to do the WC this August on the Valor.

Has anyone ever taken a cruise in August?

Sorry Eddie, no one has ever taken a cruise in August ! Can you imagine that !

Of course you can't, but you did ask ! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Beginning of hurricane season, but don't let that stop you.

Archived