Cirque du Soleil reservations?

cali4niacruisin

I am getting ready to book on the Connie for March 19, 2005 and I am looking for information on Cirque reservations. Can anyone tell me if reservations are made before sailing or after you board the ship? I have heard about a $30 charge per person, but any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

One can make reservations prior to boarding if they are Captian's Club members, by calling the Captain's Club Cust Service center (number is on Celebrity website) only. Otherwise one must wait til onboard and I am guessing at the Purser's Desk but I am sure we will find out exactly from one of our fellow Critic's who will be sailing soon. In the meantime I would definitely make pre-reservations if you are a CC member, saves you a step once onboard :o)

No that is not entirely correct. You can make Cirque du Soleil reservations WITHOUT being a Captain's Club member. I know because I did it.

Just call Bon Voyage at Celebrity and they can do it, or your TA can do it.

We'll finally be hearing about the Mascarade Ball and the Bar at the Edge of the Earth later this week as the people onboard Conni are experience it for the first time. Just remember it's being billed as "not a show, but an experience.." Here's the link on the CdS website describing what they're trying to do:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/special/CelebrityCruises/default.htm

I wouldn't go expecting to see a mini version of <<O>> or Ka!

BTW for those going to vegas soon the inital reviews from people going to see Ka have come in, a lot of reviews are saying Cirque du Soleil has managed to top themselves again.

The $30 is just for the Masquerade Ball. According to Celebrity, it will be held the night before the second formal night. All other nights look like free admission to The Bar at the End of the World(I think that is the name) with drinks and appetizers being served, along with some cirque style "entertainment". If the ball is anything as extravagent as what Cirque does for their shows it should be fantastic. My wife and I have seen 4 different Cirque shows and all were amazing. The best experience was when we splurged and did VIP seats. They treated us to finger foods and drinks before the show in the VIP tent, great seats for the show, finger food deserts and drinks at intermission, and a CD of the music from the show as we left. All in all it was a very first class experience. I would expect nothing less from the ball on the Constellation.

Hi:) I believe the 30.00 also includes your mask...I may not be 100% correct on that one...but my TA mentioned it to me........

What I will be glad to do is let you know all about after I return home...did I mention I sail on SATURDAY?:D

My wife and I will be on the Constellation for the January 15th sailing. Bought our CdS Ball tickets by calling the Bon Voyage number. They said the tickets included vouchers for the masks and will be in our stateroom when we arrive. Can't wait.

smdubowsky

Good morning.....

Eric...the First Masquarade Ball takes place this evening...Wed, Dec 8th....so we won't know about it first hand until this set of Connie Cruisers either checks in with us tomorrow or until they get back on Saturday and compile a review.

The Ball is present by Cirque de Soliel so I am guessing it will be quite amazing.

I am sailing Saturday and I have already made my reservation for next week:D

and I will be sure to include it in my review upon my return too.

Another quick note on the $30 dollar mask thing. It is a credit towards purchase of a CdC mask at the shop or booth. If any of you have gone to the shops outside of the shows in vegas and looked at the price of some of thier masks you'll agree some are VERY pricey. We are bringing some simple masks with us if that is the case.

Celebrity was originally saying that the $30 included a voucher for a mask in the gift store, however I doubt they are the same masks they sell at the CdS shows themselves, likely something simpler.

I guess tomorrow night is the first ball, I hope we see a report here

Rob

I am sure it will be on your trip, Celebrity actually modified the boat(at least the one room) for Cirque. It does not seem reasonable that they would then not have it on certain cruises. Call Celebrity directly, ask for the bon voyage(the regular customer service people dont seem to be well infformed about Cirque yet!) department, they should be able to give you a definite answer. Let us know what they say.

Archived