Bar Crawl

jjr1282

This was a blast!! The guide's name was Brian he was very funny and amazingly he remembered every single one of our names by the 2nd bar and there was over 30 of us! We went to four different bars and walked to each on starting at The Lazy Gecko, then to Schooner Warf, then to Flying Monkeys and lastly to Ricks.

The best part of this was meeting the rest of the group and I made a ton of great friends who I hung out with on the ship at every show/even/dance club on board.

We each got a ticket at every bar and had time to hang out and chat at each one for about 20 minutes. Afterwards there was time to go back to your favorite bar, go shopping or head back to the ship early.

It started at 10 am and they had us all meet right outside the doors to the ship. It said to meet at 9:45am but we did not leave till 10. We were at the first bar by 10:20 but along the way Brian made jokes and told us about the neighborhood and historical sites. There was a conch blowing competition and that was fun and there was a photographer who followed us around then ran and got the photos developed and had them for purchase at the last bar. I think they were $12 but I am not 100% possitive. We all got a T-Shirt that said "I survived the Key West Pub Crawl" and "The liver is bad, must killl it". Or something like that. He had numerous sizes from small to XXL.

Anyways yes you can go do this on your own but it was so much more enjoyable to be with a big group of people and getting to know your fellow cruisers and make new friends. Some of which I will remain friends with! After the pub crawl I had time to hit the Coach outlet store and then go try out a few more bars before getting back on board.

It was $38 if you booked it on the website before the cruise and $40 to book it at the explorations desk on board. Many people signed up for this the morning of. I tipped Brian $5 and although you didnt have to I left a $1 tip at each bar we went to. So it was $47 total and I think for the friendships and good times that followed it was well worth it!

Any questions about it I am happy to answer!

Lol, of coarse you must think every excursion down there is a tourist trap.... Locals!!!! :)

Some excursions are classic traps....especially that Trails of Margaritaville excursion. It's funny how the Buffett fans are all tourists, not locals. ;)

But $40 does not sound bad for a Bar Crawl. I thought they charged much more. Drinks typically cost more in Key West than on the ship, so $40 is a pretty good deal.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Margaritaville Walking Tour through CCL and my parrothead boyfriend was in heaven. I think it was $32, but it wasn't just a pub crawl.

Local lore and history of KW and Jimmy from a great tour guide. We hit Cpt Tony's, Schooner's, and Margaritaville with enough time to hear stories of the places along the way will drinking (not included). The tour was about 2 hours so gave plently of time to go back to the places we wanted to and explore further.

Archived