RCI has solved the problem of Chair Hogs

I just did the Transatlantic on the Splendour and there was never a problem getting a chair even with 6 sea days in a row. The pool area was constantly being monitored by the staff and any chairs that had something on them to hold them were cleaned off and straightened up if it was still there on their next round. They did a great job of keeping the chairs open. No pool towels in the room either.

I'm afraid that some leave their common sense at the pier when the ship departs, and consider being polite to their fellow passangers as unnecessary if it means having their favorite pool chair available at all times.

-Monte

What if you neighbor is Ceemore, do you really care if you were to take his chair? Just a thought......

jc

I watch there property for 20 minutes and if no one comes I throw the stuff in the trash and sit in the chair.

I don't like chair hogs either. But that't a bit much.

I have been following these threads( laughing out of control) and I can know say I now why you are the butt of eveyone jokes.

michele

There are always a lot of towels available by the pool early in the mornings. They are located on the chairs. just go get one and move it to another chair that you like where you can watch the chair that you took it from. great entertainment.smile.gif

I love it!!! I don't think I could actually do it but what a great thought!

[quote name='MGoBlue2']The point of the towel charge was not to prevent chair hogging. They were losing a lot of towels due to people taking them on shore excursions and just leaving them places. The idea was to give people an incentive to bring them back to the ship.[/QUOTE]
That´s right and it´s not new as it´s in effect for more than a year now.
However, I´m sure if anyone would have had to pay the charge or a lost towel I´m sure we would have heard about it here on the board. I don´t believe they enforce it so far.

Of course Ceemore has no problem, as the towel loss charge is included in the $1000 upgrade charge from balcony to RS. And of course it´s wise from RCCL to include it for him as I would need a towel being in his place. I would need a full size bath towel to remove the sweat from my face after running down, off ship, back onboard, taking CC, back onboard taking wife, downstairs doing the mustering, back up moving to the RS.:p :p

by the way, I've been gone for a while, only come on board when I have a cruise coming up. From what I understand is Cemore and ownersuite the same person? I've been very entertained by these threads and wondered what happened to the one by ownersuite from last night, now I know.

I only sit in those stupid lounge chairs when I want to be with my lovely wife. I can't think of anything more boring than baking in the sun in a lounge chair. So in my not so humble opinion, they can get rid of all but one small section of deck for lounge chairs. Then they could convert the entire sports deck into games and activities. That would be much more fun than watching over-fed people sweat. JMNHO;) :D

jc

[quote name='GBRBEB']I guess I do not get it...why cant the cruise lines just put more chairs out...so everyone is happy...Ive never understood this cruise lines position about not providing enough chairs or space....[/QUOTE]
They put out plenty of chairs, they just aren't all located in the pool area which is the "most favored" space for many cruisers. On our Navigator cruise we saw whole sections of chairs not even being used. As for their utilization of space, they spread out the chairs into different areas of the ship to avoid making you feel like you are overcrowded (or in the middle of a herd). ;)

Oh goody! I see you Ceemore! Just waiting for further enlightenment here. :D

Archived