Unlimited Laundry on Board

I e-mailed HAL to confirm the price of unlimited laundry on board the Eurodam.

They responded

Self Service launderettes are not available onboard the Eurodam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam. All other ships including the Prinsendam do have self-service laundry facilities available.

Unlimited laundry and pressing packages are available for:

7 day sailing $45 per person

10 - 13 day sailing $70 per person

14 - 16 day sailing $95 per person

17 - 21 day sailing $120 per person

Charges may vary for Holiday sailings

This seems to be contrary to what previous CCer's have posted.

i am going for the unlimited laundry..we are on a 28 day TA..the problem is that we are allowed 2 bags each on a trans Atlantic going over but only 1 bag each from FL home..so we will be paying the baggage overage fee...so i figure might as well try and go with one bag!!!!!

I e-mailed HAL to confirm the price of unlimited laundry on board the Eurodam.

They responded

Self Service launderettes are not available onboard the Eurodam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam. All other ships including the Prinsendam do have self-service laundry facilities available.

Unlimited laundry and pressing packages are available for:

7 day sailing $45 per person

10 - 13 day sailing $70 per person

14 - 16 day sailing $95 per person

17 - 21 day sailing $120 per person

Charges may vary for Holiday sailings

This seems to be contrary to what previous CCer's have posted.

Wow, that seems ridiculously expensive!!:mad: Per cabin rate is one thing, but this rate per person is :eek::eek::eek:!

The email reply to my question "Could you please tell me how much the unlimited laundry package will cost on our 19-day Circle Hawaii cruise? Thank you very much for your time and consideration"

The unlimited laundry would be 120.00 for your sailing. Please let us know if there are any other questions you might have.

We have found the unlimited laundry option to include the entire cabin. We have also filled the bag to where the drawstring wouldn't close with no problem. We have found that the per bag option works best for us. Sending out one bag per week on a 30 day cruise still costs less than the unlimited.

In our bag we could get 4 pair mens walking shorts, 8 tshirts,10 underwear, 2 bras, 2 pair capris and 3 blouses. Not bad for $12 to $18 per bag.

I emailed HAL from their website concerning the laundry for our 19-day Hawaii in October. They quoted $120 (did not say pp) and said I could book it onboard or ahead of time by calling 1-800-541-1576, which I plan to do. :D I figure that that will allow us to get by with one suitcase each for the 3 weeks we'll be gone from home.

What size suitcase for each of you? We'll be gone 20 days on the Eurodam in a couple of weeks and each of us has a 26" case. Aside from that, we bring only a small carryon for personal items for the flight. Too much luggage? I think I'll only use the laundry bag for underwear, tees, shirts. With our destination the Baltics, I'm planning to pack sweat shirts, umbrella, and rain jackets! :o

It seems that every response on this thread regarding the unlimited laundry onbaord HAL has been per cabin. Only the response from HAL directly has come back Per Person! Do I take a chance and bring our weeks worth of dirty clothes with us or try to do some laundry before boarding the ship? The rate per person is outrageous but I would be willing to go for the per cabin rate.

It seems that every response on this thread regarding the unlimited laundry onbaord HAL has been per cabin. Only the response from HAL directly has come back Per Person! Do I take a chance and bring our weeks worth of dirty clothes with us or try to do some laundry before boarding the ship? The rate per person is outrageous but I would be willing to go for the per cabin rate.
Maybe it is officially per person, but the cabin stewards only charge one passenger in each cabin?

It's just me, but I don't take any dirty laundry with me. Dirty laundry weighs more and I'd rather have clean clothes when I unpack onboard. Besides, it's cheaper to do it at home and then you'll know it's done.

Sometimes when I'm travelling and spend a few days before and after the cruise, I UPS anything extra to the hotel before the cruise and at the end of the cruise I UPS anything extra back home. I like to travel as light as I can.

Over the years I learned that it's easy to overpack, and when I'd be packing to come home, I curse myself for bringing so many clothes that I never used.

The lighter I can travel, the better for me. I got over being a pack mule when boarding the ship and getting off a long time ago. I was more tired after I unloaded everything than I was from the whole trip!

I like to pack things that I can mix and match and get 3 or 4 different outfits with very little extra clothes. I never ended up wearing all the shoes I brought.

But, that's just me.:)

Mtierny, our bags are 25-26". I'm a pretty big guy so my clothes fill up a bag pretty quickly, even doing the cram method. The one difference I think I remember seeing on the slip when I sent a bag out on our recent Eurodam trip was that they showed a faster turnaround time for the unlimited as opposed to using the bag. I THINK that's what it was, but this could be a senior moment :D

From our experience, the cost quoted will be per cabin. I would wait to sign up for the unlimited laundry until you are onboard, otherwise HAL may charge you per person. We like the quick turn-around and the fact that by sending out laundry daily, we don't have to store dirty laundry in the cabin.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Archived