I am beginning to panic now as we leave for our cruise on Sunday and Cannes is the only port that I don't have a trip booked. We are not big on walking but how far is it from the ship to anything worth seeing? Is there a tourist train?

I am beginning to panic now as we leave for our cruise on Sunday and Cannes is the only port that I don't have a trip booked. We are not big on walking but how far is it from the ship to anything worth seeing? Is there a tourist train?

In the past few weeks there have been a lot of questions on Cannes...do a search and I am sure you will find some helpful info re this port.

can someone tell me how far from the port to the Film and Convention center and how to go about getting there? Thanks

You should tender close to the main street( of this I am not sure as I have never docked/tendered on cruise ship in Cannes)..if you see the Carlton Hotel look towards your left and you will see the Film Hall...BTW the Cannes Film Festival starts May 13th.

can someone tell me how far from the port to the Film and Convention center and how to go about getting there? Thanks

I have asked a very simular guestion since I will be going myself in a few weeks. My understanding is that it is an easy walk into the shopping area, the convention center is a short walk to the right, there is a train, and it is a pleasant place to just hang around if you are toured out.

Do you dock or tender? Docking is easy,you are close in. Tender do`nt know.

• 3 weeks later...

When you tender, you'll walk alongside alot of boats. There are good restaurants along that dock--my favorite--Gaston d' Gastonette. When u reach the end of the boats, turn right. You should be able to see the Conv. Ctre from the ship. It's all along the water. You can't miss it. Try to explore the back streets of Cannes. It's very quaint--and probably expensive...Rue de Serbes is my street that I go by--it runs along the Hotel Majestic. Go up that street, and take the first left. Just walk...

We had a very nice day in Cannes. We were kind of "toured out" so we tendered in, strolled up the hill through old town area to a church and small park with beautiful views. We then wandered through some of the streets to the world famous Carlton Hotel and had a glass of wine and olives on their patio while watching the "beautiful" people stroll by. It was a very memorable day on the French Riviera. The total walk was probably about 2 miles. If you find Cannes on Google maps, and look at satellite view, you can easily find the areas to see. Enjoy.

We would like to rent a car and drive to St paul de Vence and Eze. Is there a rental agent in the Port at Cannes? Has anyone done this, and has any tips? Thanks.

We rented a car from Europecar in Cannes a couple of weeks ago. Avis Worldwide was another one of the options I was looking at. Book early rather than later, as we were almost out of luck because we waited too long.

I suggest printing out a detailed Google map if you're going to walk to the car rental agency, making sure it shows you the street the agency is on, else just take a taxi once you come ashore. We walked and got lost, then had to pop into an internet cafe for a better map.

I also suggest renting a GPS. This will be the best option to get you onto the highway and on your way. Be sure the rental agency enters their address into the GPS if it's not already there, and ask for help getting your destinations in there as well. We did miss a turn even with the GPS, and it seemed pretty confusing from that point on up until we got to the highway. Bring some small bills or coins for the tolls, and pay attention when your GPS warns you that you're in a monitored area. There are cameras on certain parts of the highway that'll snap a picture of your license plate if you're speeding.

Otherwise, Eze was very easy to get to. We went there on the way back from Monaco, but didn't go to St. Paul although I saw signs for it and it looked easy on the map. As the boards say, you may want to hit Eze first because parking is limited, and then go on to St. Paul where the parking is more plentiful.

Archived