Seattle Questions...

We'll be flying into Seattle pre-cruise from May 28 to 30. It's just myself, DH and 2 kids, ages 6 and 1. Here's my questions...

1. I have reservations at the Marqueen; any "reviews"?

2. We're planning on going to Pikes, the Needle, doing a city tour and whale watching. Should we rent a car for the whole trip or just to go out to Anacortes for the whale trip?

3. Any opinions on which tour co. to use for the city tour? We were thinking about using one that had a pre-cruise tour so they could get us and our luggage to the pier.

4. For whale watching we were thinking about using Island Adventures in Anacortes; any "reviews"?

Thanks in Advance!!

We'll be flying into Seattle pre-cruise from May 28 to 30. It's just myself, DH and 2 kids, ages 6 and 1. Here's my questions...

1. I have reservations at the Marqueen; any "reviews"?

2. We're planning on going to Pikes, the Needle, doing a city tour and whale watching. Should we rent a car for the whole trip or just to go out to Anacortes for the whale trip?

3. Any opinions on which tour co. to use for the city tour? We were thinking about using one that had a pre-cruise tour so they could get us and our luggage to the pier.

4. For whale watching we were thinking about using Island Adventures in Anacortes; any "reviews"?

Thanks in Advance!!

The Marqueen is about 100 years old, botique type hotel, no elevators, no air conditioning. Right in the heart of Queen Anne with plenty of restaurants and grocery stores within a two block radius. You have to call for ice if you want/need it, and the steam heat/hot water are reputed to be "so so."

About the rest I really can't help you, because I tend to do the "tourist in my own home town" on my own, not through tour companies. Hopefully others can help you there.

I wouldn't rent a car for use in town. Rental is expensive, parking more so. At least you won't be confronted with the horrendous crowds from Folklife that is one weekend earlier in that area.

Archived