Where to go for first time family

castle701

All 13 of you can have an absolutely wonderful time in Cozumel. If I arrived in Cozumel for one day, I would NEVER consider going to Cancun. (Plus you waste time coming and going and have the stress of making sure you catch the ferry back etc.) There is SO much to see and do in Cozumel, you can never sufficiently cover it in one day. Great beaches, the best minigolf course you could EVER imagine (for only $7.00 per peson), snorkeling or diving excursions, a good museum, absolutely GREAT shopping, people watching....and probably lots of things I've forgotten. Look back at some of the posts on this (Cozumel) forum and if you have further questions, be sure and post and we'll try to answer them.

Vanclan's advice is excellent; I would suggest doing any shopping/walking/downtown events first, as it is cooler in the morning. "Retire" to a beach after a few hours and relax....many people find if they go to the beach first thing, they miss other things to see as they don't feel like moving after a few hours. (Imagine how those of us who live here feel after a few YEARS) :)

Golfito Scott

p.s. Don't go to Cancun; the trip can be mildy stressful, made more difficult by the size of your group. It is essentially a comercialized city lacking the "charm" of Cozumel.

Good restaurants:

French Quarter (opens at 5pm)

Sonora Grill (noon)

Having been to Cozumel more than once as a cruiser with time restrictions I can honestly say you should go to Paradise beach. Unlike many of the other beaches like Chankanab that charges $12 to get in, Paradise beach is free to use. ;) They have a fantastic restaurant there that has an upstairs eating area with a panoramic view of the ocean and beach while you eat. The fajitas were under $10 and had at least a pound of meat on them. They were some of the best we'd ever had.:) Our kids had a big bowl of mac-n-cheese for just $3. And the drinks served right out of the pineapple and coconut were really good.

Plus, for only a one time fee of $5 per person you can use all of the water toys Paradise beach offers, including snorkel gear. They have a water trampoline, an inflatable iceberg that you climb up and then slide down into the water, kayaks, and a space walker that you can jump on.

The beach is very pretty and there is no charge to use the lounge chairs and umbrellas. They also have a nice indoor bar. The showers and restrooms are clean too. This is a place that you can take a large group to and everyone will find something fun to do. We plan on going again next year on our next cruise.:D

Archived