Capt's Club

phinn

I'm trying to double check my credits and can't find a place where my cruises are listed. Can someone tell me where this area is? I am trying to see if I got more than one credit for booking suite on Century. Thanks

I think it's just one of the many limitations of the current web site in that it doesn't even show the balance, let alone transactions. However, if anyone does know a way to check online, am happy to hear it!

I agree Celebrity doesn't keep you updated very well. I think we should receive a new card when our status changes, I have called Celebrity Captains club and been able to verify my status with no problems.

I agree Celebrity doesn't keep you updated very well. I think we should receive a new card when our status changes, I have called Celebrity Captains club and been able to verify my status with no problems.

NEW card ?? HA ha. I don't have an old card, much less a new one. Are you referring to a card that gives your Captain's Club status? Never got one, and I've been a member for over two years. Hmm!! :confused: As long as I don't need it to board, I'm in like Flint.

NEW card ?? HA ha. I don't have an old card, much less a new one. Are you referring to a card that gives your Captain's Club status? Never got one, and I've been a member for over two years. Hmm!! :confused: As long as I don't need it to board, I'm in like Flint.

Same boat here - all I've gotten are e-mail newsletters from them.

Let me see - I have a silver card with a very low number (back from the days when you had to pay for membership), a green select card with a new number when they went to a tiered system and took away the charge, a red elite card, and a generic white one with no ranking which was the latest one (that way they wouldn't have to send out new cards as you reached the next level.)

We are now up to Select after 2 cruises because each were 14 days and 1 CC, which adds up to 5 points...when we signed up for another cruise we were indeed listed as Select. Once I did find my points but don't remember where and then they changed the website!

We are now up to Select after 2 cruises because each were 14 days and 1 CC' date=' which adds up to 5 points...when we signed up for another cruise we were indeed listed as Select. Once I did find my points but don't remember where and then they changed the website![/quote']

I do remember a few years back that when you logged in it gave your status and cruise credit under your name.

I think that your explanation of how quickly you reached select helps understand why the benefits are so weak - You can reach select in as little as 2 cruises, elite in as little as 4 cruises plus with the reciprocal membership - there has to be so many members that they really can't offer many freebies - especially with the low cost of cruising today.

They don't give out the cards showing your status anymore. I, too, have the old silver card from the beginning of CC and an old one from about 6-7 years ago showing my level and CC#. The only thing the status card is good for anymore is that it has my CC# handy.

And for those concerned with CC's record keeping...please make sure to keep something for each cruise (payment receipt, boarding pass, etc.) "proving" that you went. Captain's Club has lost my cruises (and demoted me) on two separate occasions. Let me tell you - "proving" them again is a big hassle! Their record keeping is not that great, trust me...better safe than sorry.

And for those concerned with CC's record keeping...please make sure to keep something for each cruise (payment receipt, boarding pass, etc.) "proving" that you went. Captain's Club has lost my cruises (and demoted me) on two separate occasions. Let me tell you - "proving" them again is a big hassle! Their record keeping is not that great, trust me...better safe than sorry.

Your problem is not unique. Celebrity has changed their computer program that runs the captains club info a few times. Several people complained of them losing credits when that happened.

I keep our sign and sail cards - they make great proof and are don't take up much room.

I do remember a few years back that when you logged in it gave your status and cruise credit under your name.

I think that your explanation of how quickly you reached select helps understand why the benefits are so weak - You can reach select in as little as 2 cruises, elite in as little as 4 cruises plus with the reciprocal membership - there has to be so many members that they really can't offer many freebies - especially with the low cost of cruising today.

Of course some of us would feel that our 14 day cruise SHOULD count for 2, as some of you have been getting points for 5-7 day cruises, and these 14 day ones are twice as expensive as what you all have paid. Most of you would have gotten extra for a suite etc. CC costs are more in many cases by far (sometimes you get deals, but often you'll pay several 100$ extra for CC, and now you will have 3 categories of CC on the "M" ships). We've spent the same amount of money as you to earn those 5 points! We just like port intensive cruises, which are usually 12 days or over. Those who have elite status could have had many short Carib.cruises that would cost far less than we paid to go half a world away. Does that make them better customers for Celebrity??:rolleyes:

Of course some of us would feel that our 14 day cruise SHOULD count for 2' date=' as some of you have been getting points for 5-7 day cruises, and these 14 day ones are twice as expensive as what you all have paid. Most of you would have gotten extra for a suite etc. CC costs are more in many cases by far (sometimes you get deals, but often you'll pay several 100$ extra for CC, and now you will have 3 categories of CC on the "M" ships). We've spent the same amount of money as you to earn those 5 points! We just like port intensive cruises, which are usually 12 days or over. Those who have elite status could have had [u']many[/u] short Carib.cruises that would cost far less than we paid to go half a world away. Does that make them better customers for Celebrity??:rolleyes:

I completely agree with your point - as we had done a couple of longer cruises before they gave extra credits. But you also can see the membership expanding at a huge rate - especially the upper levels. On our transatlantic there were so many members that some of the events such as the behind the scenes tour and the elite elegant tea had to be broken down by select and elite and then broken down again by deck. Thank goodness it was a transatlantic so we had a lot of sea days.

What I was maiking a point about is that I can see the number of members growing by leaps and bounds and I see the prices of cruises dropping so I can understand why the benefits are decreasing.

For example, when we first joined, captains club got their preferred dining seating as a benefit -now just elite get priority waitlisting for their preferred dining seating.

Archived