Radiance Sailaway location?

Any recommendations for a sailaway location on Radiance of the Seas, preferably one near a bar that has access to an outdoor area for photos as well as an indoor area, in case the Vancouver weather does not cooperate?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

When we were on Radiance a couple of years ago, we did sailaway up on the pool deck with our CC group. There are bars nearby and there are covered areas around (but you are still outside). We enjoyed the area very much. Radiance is a beautiful ship. I think that you will enjoy her very much. Have fun on your cruise.

Anne:)

You're welcome. We were on Radiance going around Cape Horn, South America in March. The day we were going around the horn it was cold and windy. We spent a good part of the day in the Viking Crown Lounge, as well as alot of other passengers.

You will love the Radiance, it is a beautiful ship.

• 2 years later...

I have an interesting query. Crusing on Radiance this coming Dec. I currently have us on 2nd sitting for Dinner (8:30pm) but the family want me to move it to first sitting at I think 6pm or 6:30pm. Our cruise departs Sydney Harbour 06:30PM so if we go to dinner we miss sailaway!.

I'm tempted to compromise and either do the Buffet or book a specialty restaurant for the first night so we don't miss leaving our beautiful harbour.

The other issue they have is that we (the 4 of us) have asked for a table of 8 so we get to meet others on our trip and can develop some kind of comaraderie for the cruise. But missing the first night puts a dampener on that as well. Also plan to have 3 or 4 nights at venues other than the MDR so this all impacts this and I'm sure our dinner mates may well do the same.

There is always My Time Dinning but again that means we'll just sit at a table with the 4 of us.

Don't really know what to do here - so many choices, so much flexibility compared to cruises of 10 or so years ago!

I have never cruised before so I am sure others will offer much better advice.

I am also sailing out of Sydney on Radiance in December, and have booked the late dinner.

I was advised to do this by family that cruise often for precisely the reason you have stated. I dont want to be eating dinner when we leave Sydney, or any other ports for that matter. I want to either be on deck or on my balcony admiring the scenery.

There is always My Time Dinning but again that means we'll just sit at a table with the 4 of us.

Don't really know what to do here - so many choices, so much flexibility compared to cruises of 10 or so years ago!

If you choose MTD your family can ask to be seated with others, just mention your request to the host. We even had the same table and staff every night in MTD, and advised one night that we would be dining at Chops Grille the next evening instead. The host picked up the phone and made our reservation for us right then and there! And for sailaway, we've enjoyed being up on the pool deck with others on the beautiful Radiance. :)

Archived